Is the Glass Half-Full or Half-Empty for UConn Football? | The Boneyard

Is the Glass Half-Full or Half-Empty for UConn Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd argue it's 100% empty, actually. If we were in a conference we could live with and just had a bad season, it happens. But everything crashed and burned at the very worst time

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'd say its only 1/4 full... We have Diaco, decent facilities, and a good recruiting class coming in next season. Otherwise, yeah we're at empty with the confernce/P5 situation, scheduling for next year, and wins.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I'd say we've got an opaque plastic cup- can't tell one way or the other. While quirkiness, even a touch madness, can be a good thing, HCBD has yet to demonstrate whether his particular brand of madness is that borne of genius or if he's, well, just nuts. The whole shebang hinges on this; I think player quality is/will be sufficient for us to have success (though of course QB is a big ?).

The Glass = Half I can't tell.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Judging from the amount of post-loss drinking that goes on among the BY denizens, the glass is most certainly empty.

Reaction Score
What makes it tough for me to be optimistic is that even if a lot of the stuff Diaco did this year as far as playing young guys pays off, the qb position looks so dismal for next year, it may not matter.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What makes it tough for me to be optimistic is that even if a lot of the stuff Diaco did this year as far as playing young guys pays off, the qb position looks so dismal for next year, it may not matter.

You havent seen the future QB yet - Glass three quarters full...

Reaction Score
The cup, which itself is strong (facilities) is strong; but was drained on purpose after someone put some Pasqualoni in it. Just hoping it can be re-filled as soon as possible with the good stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd argue it's 100% empty, actually. If we were in a conference we could live with and just had a bad season, it happens. But everything crashed and burned at the very worst time
Agree but we have a glass so at least there's that.

Reaction Score
I hope everyone here is watching ESPN right now and CFB awards show. "Faith, Family and Football." "The players don't care what you know unless you show that you care." Two quotes I heard that remind me of what I have heard over the past 12 months. From a coach that has received a lot of unwarranted disdain. Mike Singletary stood on the stage and introduced coach Grant Teaff what followed was a short video clip detailing the coaching life of a college football hall of famer (as a coach).

Reaction Score
I think the guys above nailed it. If we get competent QB play, many areas of the team will appear to be better than they looked. How many times did the the defense hold this year only to watch our offense go 3 and out?

I'm always optimistic about our team, but the OC looks GDL jr, with his play calling and philosophyl

Reaction Score
Sounds corny, but I'm watching a rerun of The U 30 for 30 doc, and I can only watch and wish that UConn ever has that sort of abrupt rise to college football notoriety because it needs it now in the worst way. This program needs that level of bravado and merciless dominance over "traditional" powerhouses (but without the villainous overconfidence).

The new U, with a new Shirreffs. Would be way too good to be true.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd say its only 1/4 full... We have Diaco, decent facilities, and a good recruiting class coming in next season. Otherwise, yeah we're at empty with the confernce/P5 situation, scheduling for next year, and wins.
How do we "know we have a great recruiting class coming in next season"? Never heard Pasqualoni telling us that unfortunately he had a poor recruiting class coming in (or only a mediocre recruiting class). So if we are only getting kids who don't have much in the way of P5 offers from other schools, and if we are competing for recruits against the likes of Buffalo, Bucknell and Akron, then you can add recruiting (and the caliber of athlete UConn fields in years to come) to the conference, scheduling and wins abyss.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How do we "know we have a great recruiting class coming in next season"? Never heard Pasqualoni telling us that unfortunately he had a poor recruiting class coming in (or only a mediocre recruiting class). So if we are only getting kids who don't have much in the way of P5 offers from other schools, and if we are competing for recruits against the likes of Buffalo, Bucknell and Akron, then you can add recruiting (and the caliber of athlete UConn fields in years to come) to the conference, scheduling and wins abyss.

If that's the standard we're measuring recruiting by, then this team has never had a successful recruiter at HC.

Reaction Score
It's completely full. Just going to have to wait a while to drive from the B1G glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom