Is the embarassing groveling of Louisville a sign of their strength or a sign of its desperation? | The Boneyard

Is the embarassing groveling of Louisville a sign of their strength or a sign of its desperation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From their university president, President Ramsey, to its trustees, its politicians, its coaches, its media, and its fans, the lack of dignity, shame and decorum that Louisville has shown in this process is embarassing.

To stoop so low and attack other schools in the hope of elevating your own, is that a sign of a school confident in the process or is it really a sign that it is afraid of its true worth?

Now we know what WVU fans had to endure the last time Louisville prostrated itself to lick the boot of realignment.

Reaction Score
That's exactly it. You don't #begharder if you know your in.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
WVU was worse
. LU learned from WVU.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
The problem is they are gaining traction from the media. The decision can't come soon enough. The longer it goes the more worried we will become.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Based upon this ad, I guess it's desperation:
PapaJohns.jpg

Reaction Score
From their university president, President Ramsey, to its trustees, its politicians, its coaches, its media, and its fans, the lack of dignity, shame and decorum that Louisville has shown in this process is embarassing.

To stoop so low and attack other schools in the hope of elevating your own, is that a sign of a school confident in the process or is it really a sign that it is afraid of its true worth?

Now we know what WVU fans had to endure the last time Louisville prostrated itself to lick the boot of realignment.
It's crabs in a barrel. Crabs in a barrel will crawl all over each other trying to get out.

Reaction Score
Worst part about this: I generally have enjoyed Louisville in the BE. They've been a welcome addition, and I don't like the sudden change in the ways fans suddenly have dealt with each other. Louisville fans, who were generally pretty awesome, suddenly look like Syracuse fans...

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the silence out of Louisville if they had been upset by Northern Iowa last night? Oh so duck$*$ close.....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Worst part about this: I generally have enjoyed Louisville in the BE. They've been a welcome addition, and I don't like the sudden change in the ways fans suddenly have dealt with each other. Louisville fans, who were generally pretty awesome, suddenly look like Syracuse fans...

I agree. They were very pleasant when I interacted with them at the BET in 2011. The last two weeks have changed my opinion though.

Reaction Score

Well written. In most cases I have seen these attacks to be a stretching of the truth, or downright lies.

Reaction Score

There has always been a huge contingent of Ville fans on their board blasting Calhoun as a cheater. For at least the last few years. Personally, I think Rutgers and West Virginia fans were relatively decent toward UConn.

Reaction Score
They're still not as bad as the Maryland fans during the Rudy Gay recruitment. I've never come across a fanbase that vile.

Reaction Score
There has always been a huge contingent of Ville fans on their board blasting Calhoun as a cheater. For at least the last few years. Personally, I think Rutgers and West Virginia fans were relatively decent toward UConn.
I always liked WVU fans, other than the "Go Back to Africa" bit.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UL has every right to be pissed, just like us. They have done everything required to excel in big time college athletics, just as we have done.

However, any trolling on this board about how UL is a better fit than UConn will not be tolerated. I hope they get off the island, right after we do.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
UL has every right to be pissed, just like us. They have done everything required to excel in big time college athletics, just as we have done.

However, any trolling on this board about how UL is a better fit than UConn will not be tolerated. I hope they get off the island, right after we do.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Tranghese insinuated this week that there were some teams that did nothing for the BE that were now anointed, while a program that held the fort was potentially going to be left out.

I look at Louisville in this same way. In CUSA, their program had gone stale. Even with Pitino, they would have been second to Calipari's Memphis. Right now, the ACC and the Big12 would be looking at them as a CUSA team. instead, they entered the BE and their profile increased hugely. All the credit to them--they were one of the best BE programs of the last 5 years.

But the truth is, this conference--outside of UConn--went for over a decade in the 1990s and early 2000s doing absolutely nothing. All the other members were wandering the desert thirsty. UConn held the fort. Syracuse in 2002 was the first sign of life from another program. Without UConn, the BE basketball conference that propped up Louisville doesn't even exist. UConn was at least as important to the BE as U. Miami.

Reaction Score
The problem is they are gaining traction from the media. The decision can't come soon enough. The longer it goes the more worried we will become.
Just the opposite for me, actually. The longer all this stupid crap goes on, the less I find myself caring about any of it. What's gonna happen is what's gonna happen. UConn is in the 30th largest TV market in the country, we have awesome basketball, we have at least an established football program that's been to a BCS game and has a nice stadium, we're great academically, and are a nationally recognized brand.

We're gonna end up going somewhere eventually. So will Louisville and any other relevant-in-some-way school.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure it was in Morgantown, and Armstrong flipped them the bird. One crazy in the crowd, but still pretty bad.
yep

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just the opposite for me, actually. The longer all this stupid crap goes on, the less I find myself caring about any of it. What's gonna happen is what's gonna happen. UConn is in the 30th largest TV market in the country, we have awesome basketball, we have at least an established football program that's been to a BCS game and has a nice stadium, we're great academically, and are a nationally recognized brand.

We're gonna end up going somewhere eventually. So will Louisville and any other relevant-in-some-way school.
logically, I agree with you, but we have had such a long strike of bad luck....

Reaction Score
Add to the mix that if they don't get an invite and there is nothing on the very immediate horizon - there is no way Charlie stays on to coach football @ Ville with all SEC openings coming up. Desparate people do desperate things..

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Louisville fans? You mean the same ones that couldn't let the "unfair catch" go and I believe were
threatening LT with bodily harm? Or the ones who were disparaging WVU while they fought over the B12 spot?

I will say that Senore is a good dude and there are others, but they've got a healthy contingent that live in a different world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom