Is Spain (Monday at 11:00 am) USA's biggest challenge until Australia? | The Boneyard

Is Spain (Monday at 11:00 am) USA's biggest challenge until Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
China (very different type of game) and Spain are, in think, thought to be USA's biggest challenge before Australia (which just squeaked by Turkey today). China got beat by Canada, so maybe Spain is USA's biggest challenge in the B bracket?

By the way, I don't use "challenge" ironically, but I'm aware that it's a relative term.....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The short answer is "yes." If Sancho Little had not gotten hurt, I'd say that Spain is a real threat. Spain was the finalist in the World Cup in 2014 and played us basically even after a big Maya Moore scoring spurt early on. The Spanish Men, who were edged tonight, are the #2 team in the world. Spain is not to be taken lightly. I think we can win by 30 if we play our A game, or we may win by 10-15. We will probably lose at least one quarter.

With Lyttle and Dumerc out to injuries, that opens the door for Kia and Canada.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The short answer is "yes." If Sancho Little had not gotten hurt, I'd say that Spain is a real threat. Spain was the finalist in the World Cup in 2014 and played us basically even after a big Maya Moore scoring spurt early on. The Spanish Men, who were edged tonight, are the #2 team in the world. Spain is not to be taken lightly. I think we can win by 30 if we play our A game, or we may win by 10-15. We will probably lose at least one quarter.

With Lyttle and Dumerc out to injuries, that opens the door for Kia and Canada.
Too bad those two are out. I would have preferred to see Spain at full strength. I want any team we play to have all of their players available, and healthy.

Even with Lyttle and Dumerc out, I expect Spain to give the U.S. their toughest game since the "select team" two weeks ago, maybe for the rest of the tournament. I agree that we should win, but it's not going to be a cake walk. Spain, Brazil and Argentina are always tough.

Reaction Score
Watching the end of the Spain Game... 101 Usa, 63 Spain 1:05 left..... I don't think they're going to be a problem :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom