Is Saturday's Game Televised? | The Boneyard

Is Saturday's Game Televised?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure it's at the Mohegan Sun and it's at 2:15 PM, but I can't find it in my television listings.

Is it going to be televised? If so, by who? Does anyone know?

Reaction Score
Espn3 only

Aarrrgggghhhhh! I live in Connecticut and ESPN3 has been blacked out every time I've tried to use it for a UConn home game. Maybe I'll get lucky since, technically, this isn't a home game.

Reaction Score
It won't be blacked out, sny games are blacked out in their home territory because they want you to watch on tv. This is an ESPN game and there is no TV option, unless you get espn3 as a channel. But if you live in CT and are worried about seeing it just go to the game

Reaction Score
It won't be blacked out, sny games are blacked out in their home territory because they want you to watch on tv. This is an ESPN game and there is no TV option, unless you get espn3 as a channel. But if you live in CT and are worried about seeing it just go to the game

Unfortunately, even though I live in Connecticut and would LOVE to attend a game, I'm disabled by severe COPD and haven't the stamina for such a venture. Also, supplemental oxygen tanks (or a portable oxygen concentrator) take up a lot of space and would not be welcome in a crowded grandstand.

No thanks for the lack of thought though.

Reaction Score
My channel guide is showing the game on ESPNU. Good viewing!

Welcome aboard! Thanks for posting.

Wishful thinking? Wistfully, I'd go with the B1G, but on the matter at hand, the ACC is listed on the U. It's ESPN3 for the "2017 Frontier Communications American Athletic Conference Women's Basketball Championship (Quarterfinal #2) (The American Women's Championship)" Saturday
3/04 at 2:00 PM EST.

Reaction Score

Sorry to disappoint, but on my channel guide, it says ACC, and NOT AAC tournament at that time. I too am without a way to see the UConn game on Sat....:(

Reaction Score
Yeah, no deal with ESPNU - they're showing the ACC tournament. Nerts! I'll have to trust that it won't be blacked out.

Reaction Score
My cable provider here in Ohio does not carry ESPN3. However, a while ago I found out that Sling TV, a tv streaming company, does. Sling TV also gives out free trials, which I think are good for a week. So, I got one of those and it enabled me to watch some UCONN games. Now, for other reasons (they also have the PAC-12 Network), I have an actual subscription to Sling.

But check it out. It's a way to get the games if you can't get ESPN3 in another way.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My cable provider here in Ohio does not carry ESPN3. However, a while ago I found out that Sling TV, a tv streaming company, does. Sling TV also gives out free trials, which I think are good for a week. So, I got one of those and it enabled me to watch some UCONN games. Now, for other reasons (they also have the PAC-12 Network), I have an actual subscription to Sling.

But check it out. It's a way to get the games if you can't get ESPN3 in another way.
ESPN3 is not a cable channel. It is live streaming of games and replays via the internet. If you have internet and cable package that includes ESPN you can get ESPN 3.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is ESPN3 an actual cable channel or just an Internet channel? WatchESPN on your phone, computer, or smart TV should have it if you have some ESPN channels as part of your TV package.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
ESPN3 is not a cable channel. It is live streaming of games and replays via the internet. If you have internet and cable package that includes ESPN you can get ESPN 3.

Coco, unless things have changed, I don't believe this is correct. A few years ago when I was still in Wisconsin, the small company which we had for both cable television and internet carried ESPN and their related channels on cable, but hadn't signed up to carry ESPN3 on the internet side which would have required them to pay additional fees. It isn't (or wasn't) an automatic given. It was really frustrating because our cable/ISP provider had a monopoly in our town for the cable side of things.

Reaction Score
You better recheck you guide. My guide is showing the second ACC semifinal ,not the AAC games.

Reaction Score
If you have Watch ESPN (ESPN3) the game should be available to you since there is no TV feed to protect.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
There is an AAC Tournament quarter final #4 on FSSEHD at 8:30 Saturday CST. It does not yet name the teams but I believe it is the Uconn game. The championship game is on ESPN2 at 8:00 pm CST on Monday. The first semi-final is Sunday at 4:00 pm CST on ESPN2 and the second semi-final is on ESPNU at 6:30 pm CST Sunday.

Reaction Score
Coco, unless things have changed, I don't believe this is correct. A few years ago when I was still in Wisconsin, the small company which we had for both cable television and internet carried ESPN and their related channels on cable, but hadn't signed up to carry ESPN3 on the internet side which would have required them to pay additional fees. It isn't (or wasn't) an automatic given. It was really frustrating because our cable/ISP provider had a monopoly in our town for the cable side of things.

Exactly. My cable provider (MCTV) won't pay the fees, so I have no access to ESPN3 through them. What I have not understood from the get-go is why ESPN doesn't just allow individuals to subscribe to ESPN3. But they don't.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There is an AAC Tournament quarter final #4 on FSSEHD at 8:30 Saturday CST. It does not yet name the teams but I believe it is the Uconn game. The championship game is on ESPN2 at 8:00 pm CST on Monday. The first semi-final is Sunday at 4:00 pm CST on ESPN2 and the second semi-final is on ESPNU at 6:30 pm CST Sunday.
It's a shame my computer screen capture is so stuttery. On playback it's nearly unwatchable. But I'll record it nonetheless.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If worse comes to worse, College Sports Live has a live audio broadcast of the game. Their broadcast starts however at 1:30 pm. I've a feeling the starting time for the game may be 2:30 pm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom