Is Nika trolling the fan base? | The Boneyard

Is Nika trolling the fan base?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Fan reactions:
B6DFD81D-D1C2-4B26-85FB-E2D7DEEBB573.jpeg

Reaction Score
What wrong with this photo? I am lost.
If I am reading this right, some people are interpreting the picture of Nika walking away and the phrase "not how we wanted it to end" as Nika leaving the program, without noticing the phrase "Senior 10 loading" indicating (to me at least) that she's getting ready for a monster senior year.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Somebody on VolNation thought a UConn big shot was entering the portal. LOL. First, we don't talk about transfers, especially when they are untrue. They are so desperate. Enough said!

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure it was the “Thank you UConn Nation” starting the post out. Those type of words are typically how transfer portal posts start out. It just caught some off guard, that’s all.

Reaction Score
Somebody on VolNation thought a UConn big shot was entering the portal. LOL. First, we don't talk about transfers, especially when they are untrue. They are so desperate. Enough said!

There's quite a few somebodies making that assumption. I wonder if Nika's post is why.

Reaction Score
Transfer's have become apart of the future of the game. I hate it's being so accepted in this day in age. Where is the student athlete accountability for their decisions ? It's like you get a get out of jail free pass for making the wrong decision at no cost , yet you can still prosper and qualify for NIL deals at all times wherever you go smh.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's very clear what Nika was saying.

But we will always have those who need to read between the lines and cause agita.

Reaction Score
Transfer's have become apart of the future of the game. I hate it's being so accepted in this day and age. Where is the student athlete accountability for their decisions ? It's like you get a get out of jail free pass for making the wrong decision at no cost , yet you can still prosper and qualify for NIL deals at all times wherever you go smh.
Seriously? High school athletes make college decisions based on many things…what prospective coaches have told them, what their parents want, what they think they want, what their friends think and who knows what else. Sometimes it’s a bad decision. Maybe a coach lied to them or stretched the truth a bit. Maybe they got to the school and found they just didn’t fit in with the team. Maybe the coach suggested that they might be happier somewhere else. You only get to do college once and you shouldn’t be ‘held accountable’ for realizing you want or need something else from your college experience. Much of the angst on this subject is from the conflation of NIL and being able to transfer without having to sit a full year. Very few players are making substantial NIL money. Most of the transfers are just trying to be happy.

Reaction Score
Short answer to OP, NO! Nika is a very passionate young woman. Given what a key piece she played in a very limited roster, her role of energizer and emotional leader, her never quit attitude, her unbendable love of her teammates and how hard she has taken big losses in the past, I'm sure the way this season ended hit her very, very hard. Our last glimpse after the loss was of a tearful Nika in the locker room post game, struggling to express the fact that after all they had been through, her team had 'finally been broken and played the worst game of their season at the worst possible time'.

We have seen tidbits of several of her teammates in various clips since then but nothing of Nika. In the past she spoke of a couple incidents when she was really down on herself and couldn't pull herself out of it and how her teammates lifted her back up. So for me, her post was a very welcome sign. I took from it that, even though struggling with the disappointment of the season ending the wrong way, she is able to appreciate just how special it was and that she will now be focusing on building towards what promises to be an incredible senior season.

When they came in as freshmen, Geno cited what a special trio Paige, Aaliyah and Nika would be. He called that one right!
Paige,Nika,Aaliyah pre signing.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim

Reaction Score
As a reminder, the team is doing a European trip this summer with a stop in Croatia and the Dec. 6 game against Ball State (with Nika's sister, Hana) will be weird if Nika is not around to participate. Her boyfriend might have transferred but Nika bleeds blue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, this post ended up unintentionally, kicking the hornets nest.

@darrell got what I think is the predominant reaction on Twitter. Nika wrote a benign post about the way things ended last season and looking forward to having a better ending this season, but the start of it did sound a lot like transfer posts and that’s what people were reacting to. I just thought that instant of “wait, what? Noooo! Ohhhhh!” Where a lot of UConn fans ran the gamut of emotions was funny.

Reaction Score
Just a quick glance at her post, I could see why folks did a double take, especially in this current climate of players transferring out. But once you read her post, it reveals a lot. But that picture and "Thank You, Uconn Nation", it would cause a person's heart to skip a beat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom