Is Kentucky vs. Duke Inevitable??? | The Boneyard

Is Kentucky vs. Duke Inevitable???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if not what are your thoughts on who may crash the party and why? How much of a bias across the board will there be for this match-up to occur? If any?

Thanks in advance fellow hoopsters...

Reaction Score
Interestingly, too, I think Kentucky has the more difficult path left: Notre Dame, then Wisky/Zona is a tougher path to the title game than Gonzaga/Duke followed by Ville/MSU.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, too, I think Kentucky has the more difficult path left: Notre Dame, then Wisky/Zona is a tougher path to the title game than Gonzaga/Duke followed by Ville/MSU.
I thought the third foul on Wright for Utah was a game changing call. Otherwise their defensive scheme on Okafor was terrific. Okafor is a good passer out of the double team though. Zona and Wisky will be a great game or at least it should be.

Reaction Score

Gonzaga vs. Duke will probably come down to the last 2 minutes.

Reaction Score
I think the Zags can beat Duke. But like always Duke has had the easiest path to get to where they are.

Reaction Score
I think the Zags can beat Duke. But like always Duke has had the easiest path to get to where they are.
I disagree.

Utah was by far the best team in the 4/5 range. They probably should have been a 3 seed, IMO.

And San Diego State was no slouch. They were, by most metrics, roughly on par with West Virginia.

And Gonzaga as a 2 seed was probably the second best 2 seed (behind Zona) and probably on par with Villanova as a 1 seed.

If they make it, they're going to have to earn it.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Kentucky versus Duke? For those old enough to remember the 1950s William Bendix TV show "The Life of Riley," all I can say is, "What a revoltin' development this is!" I just hope there is some weird way that both of them could lose the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I disagree.

Utah was by far the best team in the 4/5 range. They probably should have been a 3 seed, IMO.

And San Diego State was no slouch. They were, by most metrics, roughly on par with West Virginia.

And Gonzaga as a 2 seed was probably the second best 2 seed (behind Zona) and probably on par with Villanova as a 1 seed.

If they make it, they're going to have to earn it.

Utah just played so horribly it was amazing.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is legit. But whoever wins the Gonzaga/Duke game is definitely playing whoever comes out of the UK/Wisc/Zona trio.

Wisconsin and Arizona can both beat Kentucky.

Gonzaga can beat Duke.
I honestly haven't been all that impressed with arizona In the tournament. They have some great players but they just look so disjointed on offense. Defensively they have a lot of size so I guess they match up well with a team like kentucky, but I just don't see them winning. wisconsin, zags, and duke are the teams capable of beating uk in my mind. If ND had 1 or 2 more good bigs I'd like their chances, too

Reaction Score
I honestly haven't been all that impressed with arizona In the tournament. They have some great players but they just look so disjointed on offense. Defensively they have a lot of size so I guess they match up well with a team like kentucky, but I just don't see them winning. wisconsin, zags, and duke are the teams capable of beating uk in my mind. If ND had 1 or 2 more good bigs I'd like their chances, too

McConnell (AZ) has a will to win at this level that is hard to match. I think if Wisky had Jackson back at full strength without the obvious weight gain they could beat Kentucky. Not saying it isn't possible for either of Zona or Wisky to do it assuming Kentucky has the type of night they had vs. Texas A & M.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Gonzaga has something to say about that. ND will have a better game plan than wvu as well.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Thanks, now this song is in my head...

...and the stoopid- video

Reaction Score
Gonzaga has something to say about that. ND will have a better game plan than wvu as well.
I have been bearish on Gonzaga after Cleanthony Early disposed of them a few years ago. IF experience plays a roll though both Wisky and Gonzaga may have a fighters chance.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They defended well but offensively they are challenged. Taylor was a disappointment. I thought they were a very dangerous 5 seed.

They missed a lot of makeable shots. They also love to tip rebounds instead of attempting to grab and shoot. That's a highly frustrating approach.

Reaction Score
I have been bearish on Gonzaga after Cleanthony Early disposed of them a few years ago. IF experience plays a roll though both Wisky and Gonzaga may have a fighters chance.

You're bearish on Gonzaga because one player who isn't even in college anymore lit them up two years ago?

They're a completely different team. We disposed of trice, Dawson, valentine, and the Harrison twins last year. Does that mean you're bearish on msu and msu too?

Reaction Score
Not to mention IQ, toughness, grit, and pluck. Seriously, based on what is his "will to win" any different than any number of other kids in this tournament?

Good point...hard to gauge such intangibles that many times can be mistaken for self confidence on the big stage. Would you say the UConn team last year had a "will to win" that was superior to the rest of the field taking into consideration our ban from the tourney the previous year? Maybe not but certainly possible.

Reaction Score
I think McConnell gets the benefit of the Aaron Craft treatment. I think he's better than Craft, but I saw a thread somewhere listing him among the three or four best point guards Arizona's ever had and, quite frankly, I think that's pretty ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Pangos>jones, Zags will win
Bell Jr. may draw the defensive assignment on Jones. Put Pangos on Cook. If the refs allow them to play down low I think the size of Karnowski may neutralize Okafor. Winslow seems to be a tough match-up for Gonzaga. Not sure anyone has much of an answer for Sabonis either though. Interesting to see if Few can coach this team to a big win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom