Is it really Gilbert's sophomore year coming up and Larrier's junior year? | The Boneyard

Is it really Gilbert's sophomore year coming up and Larrier's junior year?

Reaction Score
They didn't get an extra year of eligibility because of their injuries? Both injuries happen in the first 10 games of the year?

If anyone knows the outcome and details why that would be great if you could share.

Thanks so much Boneyarders!!

Reaction Score
Yes it is their sophomore and junior years, but when it comes time they can apply for a medical exemption for another year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't Gilbert just get a redshirt year? I think larrier would need to apply for the medical hardship since he already took a redshirt, but that only matters if he wants to stay 3 more years.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't Gilbert just get a redshirt year? I think larrier would need to apply for the medical hardship since he already took a redshirt, but that only matters if he wants to stay 3 more years.
No since Gilbert played in a game he has to apply for a medical redshirt. If not every traditional redshirt would see time in like 8 blow outs in their first year

Reaction Score
No, he played in a game. Both qualify for medical redshirt since they played in less than 30% of the games.

Reaction Score
You don't apply for extra years when you still have unused years. You apply when you use them up. That seems to be the standard.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think both young men hope they don't need more time than what they're currently eligible for

Gilbert can easily gain another year, Larrier should be able to (but we're UConn and we're talking about an NCAA determination here)

Reaction Score
You don't apply for extra years when you still have unused years. You apply when you use them up. That seems to be the standard.
Gotcha, thanks for the help with this!!

Reaction Score
At Gilbert's size isn't he a likely 4 year player for us, so he would want the extra year?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
At Gilbert's size isn't he a likely 4 year player for us, so he would want the extra year?
Yes that's the idea. However, as someone previously stated, he needs to run out of eligibility in order to apply for a medical redshirt. So he won't apply for one until following 2019-20 season (at least that's my understanding of how this works).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom