Is it fair to question the S&C Program? | The Boneyard

Is it fair to question the S&C Program?

Reaction Score
We’ve seen injuries before but this has to be more than bad luck no?

Reaction Score
We’ve seen injuries before but this has to be more than bad luck no?
The reason it stands out as unusual is because our top players are all hurt. If 4 backups get injured, then you would barely notice.

Reaction Score
No. Robersons injury nothing related to training. Knee twisted while being tackled. Marion with broken collar bone no. Ross with broken foot bone for the second year in a row. No. Maybe drink more milk. Brewton with broken finger in pre-game warmup then broken elbow in game. No. Got milk? McCarthy with a calf issue? Maybe. We do have a lot of smaller players that get a lot of reps. That may be part of it.

Reaction Score
S&C doesn't guarantee against all the forces and awkward positions athletes find themselves in. That being said, it appears so far our defense and lines are holding up. Maybe they aren't and I just don't know enough?

Reaction Score
No. Robersons injury nothing related to training. Knee twisted while being tackled. Marion with broken collar bone no. Ross with broken foot bone for the second year in a row. No. Maybe drink more milk. Brewton with broken finger in pre-game warmup then broken elbow in game. No. Got milk? McCarthy with a calf issue? Maybe. We do have a lot of smaller players that get a lot of reps. That may be part of it.

Need more Vitamin D.

Too soon?

Reaction Score
Not saying this is the reason but if the Freshman squad keeps playing the Varsities, e.g. the Michigans of the world, something's gotta give.

Reaction Score
The buy-game sacrificial lamb route is unfortunately a fact of life until we get to a real conference, and those games put us in a dangerous postion in regard to potential injuries.

Reaction Score
I don’t know that people are more likely to get hurt any more playing a better team? To be more competitive I’m sure they probably know that they need to get better.

Reaction Score
The buy-game sacrificial lamb route is unfortunately a fact of life until we get to a real conference, and those games put us in a dangerous postion in regard to potential injuries.
Except their injury problems are not tied to the Michigan game:

Ross - preseason practice
McFadden - preseason practice
Roberson - Utah St.
Marion - Utah St.
Houston - pre-Syracuse game
Brewton - Syracuse
McCarthy - Syracuse
Carter - Michigan

The unfortunate problem for UConn is that the injury problem has been with the offensive skill players which has resulted in a sluggish offense. Look at what UConn has lost so far:

QB #1
WR #1, #2, and #3 (Drayton suspended)
RB #1, #2, #3
K #1

And, UConn is a pretty young team so the depth was not there. Somehow, with the above losses, some people expect a much better offense.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
As a basketball guy this is reminiscent of 16-17, but worse. At least the basketball team still had Purvis and Adams. These poor guys are cursed.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Need a full time Yoga instructor who can teach a flexibility revolution. :rolleyes:
A few years ago Diamond Dallas Page went to a Temple practice to show them some of his yoga. It surely didn't hurt them.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Very Diacoian.
Diaco: “I’ll tell you what, yoga is big right now. We could invite women to come and take yoga classes with the team. It’s expanding the market, right? I’ve got a whole bucket of great ideas like that I keep in a box that’s lock with a key that’s known only to me. That way when I talk about the ideas I can say that I’m thinking outside the box.”

Benedict:
Russian Reaction GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom