Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I say definitely NO.

Not even warming up yet.

As of now, I 100% believe he is still the right guy for this job longterm.

The program is exactly where we thought we’d be at this point (top 25 and competing for a top 3 finish in the Big East).

Could it be better right now? Of course. We’ve had some bad optic losses that came down to the (lack of) coaching and game planning.

Hurley still has plenty of room to grow as a coach, especially with how he adapts when the other coach throws in a curveball and figuring out finishing out close games.

Yesterday’s post game incident didn’t help the hysteria.

As of now, if we could pick any coach who would be willing to come coach this team tomorrow, I don’t think there is a better option out there. Calhoun isn’t walking through that door…

Let’s take a heat check on his seat.

This should be fun.

Reaction Score
No. He is our coach for at least the next two years, likely much longer unless our recruiting tanks. I fully expect us to win a couple games this tourney, and 1 or more next year.

If we somehow manage to go through the 2022 and 2023 tourneys with no wins, then he will be gone. I doubt that will happen.

The #1 most important skill as a coach is recruiting, and we have been excellent. I do believe that with Hurley's current skill as a coach, #15-#20 ish might be our ceiling unless we can recruit a transcendent talent. I fully believe that he can improve at all facets of the game to lead us to the promised land again if he sets aside the ego and gets to work.

Reaction Score
I say definitely NO.

Not even warming up yet.

As of now, I 100% believe he is still the right guy for this job longterm.

The program is exactly where we thought we’d be at this point (top 25 and competing for a top 3 finish in the Big East).

Could it be better right now? Of course. We’ve had some bad optic losses that came down to the (lack of) coaching and game planning.

Hurley still has plenty of room to grow as a coach, especially with how he adapts when the other coach throws in a curveball and figuring out finishing out close games.

Yesterday’s post game incident didn’t help the hysteria.

As of now, if we could pick any coach who would be willing to come coach this team tomorrow, I don’t think there is a better option out there. Calhoun isn’t walking through that door…

Let’s take a heat check on his seat.

This should be fun.
Why do you post some of things you do?

Reaction Score
hot seat?

absolutely not.

He's our best option .

underachieving? Yes.
I don't even think we're underachieving that much. We have 1 top 100 recruit in our senior and junior classes combined, and that's Akok who is a shell of himself, so really we have 0 top 100 recruits in our senior and junior classes combined.

This board seems to think if you type out "we're really talented" 10,000 times on the internet it magically becomes true.

Reaction Score
Definitely not. He's doing a great job in recruiting. I think there are a few things at play here. Hurley is still learning how to run a program at this level. I feel confident that he'll get there, but it'll take a little time. Hurley seems very open to taking advice from Calhoun. Now that Calhoun is retired I think he'll be a great resource as well. He is also reliant on some older players that just aren't at this level. I think those players have grown a ton and are valuable and I'm grateful for everything they have done. However, when some of Hurley's more recent recruits have reached junior/senior status I think we'll start to see a jump to that next level that we're accustomed to.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don't even think we're underachieving that much. We have 1 top 100 recruit in our senior and junior classes combined, and that's Akok who is a shell of himself, so really we have 0 top 100 recruits in our senior and junior classes combined.

This board seems to think if you type out "we're really talented" 10,000 times on the internet it magically becomes true.
Right. I think we are exactly where we thought, and while it could be better, 4 years ago when we signed him I think we’d all take this.

Now we got fans screaming profanities from the upper bowl and guys on here calling for his head after every loss, while the team is still building into what it can be.

Reaction Score
No. The program is on an upward trajectory and has been since DH has taken over. The slope of that trajectory should not be judged until the end of the season.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

we are.

Because I can go back 4 years for all the yarders predictions on year 4 of Hurleys rebuild after KO was fired. Also, I think with the veteran make up of our team in these wild times that we should be making more hay than we are to this point this season. Ask me again in 2 weeks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I looked for “shut up, you are an idiot“ as a choice but didn’t find it so I just voted no.

@McLovin

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Definitely not. Are there reasons to be concerned? Perhaps. But we're nowhere near hotseat territory. Let's revisit this in a few years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

“We are really talented.”

Just doing my part.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I avoided the Yard last night and most of this morning to avoid hysterical overreaction threads like this after the bad loss.

I figured the board would be more rational by now.
Guess not.

Reaction Score
FWIW--Dan says he was embarrassed by last night's performance. I believe he means that. He is a proud-passionate-intelligent-student of the game. No one knows more than him about his record in close games since being at UConn. To reach his goals for this year's team and future teams--He's got to improve those percentages.

I believe he will-- The seat is not hot

Reaction Score
Don't know about hot seat, I think he shouldn't be too comfortable though, and not that he doesn't but he should be checking his own coaching performance (need to be critiqued by someone who can) as to planning for overall game strategies (which are personnel dependent to some extent). Maybe I'm too prone to drinking the Kool-aid about how great we are but I'm not satisfied.

Reaction Score
No, he's not remotely on the hot seat. We've seen some red flags that keep popping up but there are still enough positive signs to keep his seat cool. An early exit this year and a missed tournament next year might put him on the hot seat, but that's a ways away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom