Is Hubert Davis the next Ollie | The Boneyard

Is Hubert Davis the next Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I heard a buddy of mine say Hubert Davis is the next Kevin Ollie. What do we think about this?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I heard a buddy of mine say Hubert Davis is the next Kevin Ollie. What do we think about this?
Winning a NC and a conference tourney is hard to do. If he does, good for him. That wouldn’t be bad. There are other coaches who are still coaching who have never sniffed either of those

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No. For starters he will lose tomorrow. But he’s a good coach and will continue to bring in players. I suppose there is a chance he will get divorced, go out drinking all the time, hit on coeds and generally stop doing all but the absolute minimum the job requires. But it seems unlikely.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
KO wasn't alone. Apparently, Bruce Arians stopped putting in the work once he won the Big One as well. But calling Davis the next KO is just a hot take.

Reaction Score
The AAC wasn’t KO’s downfall. He literally stopped recruiting and showing up to work after his divorce. He let his personal life disasters interfere with the program and then turned into a vindictive asshat

That was definitely part of it too

Reaction Score
No. For starters he will lose tomorrow. But he’s a good coach and will continue to bring in players. I suppose there is a chance he will get divorced, go out drinking all the time, hit on coeds and generally stop doing all but the absolute minimum the job requires. But it seems unlikely.
I know KO got divorce, but did he really do all those other things (hit on coeds, drinking all the time, not showing up to work regularly, etc.) or is that just Boneyard extrapolations and lore? Or is it fact and someone close to Ollie and the situation know this as fact? I am genuinely asking because I hear this mentioned a lot here.

Reaction Score
I know KO got divorce, but did he really do all those other things (hit on coeds, drinking all the time, not showing up to work regularly, etc.) or is that just Boneyard extrapolations and lore? Or is it fact and someone close to Ollie and the situation know this as fact? I am genuinely asking because I hear this mentioned a lot here.
1649005032126.gif

Listen to Luke’s dad.

Reaction Score
I suppose there is a chance he will get divorced, go out drinking all the time, hit on coeds and generally stop doing all but the absolute minimum the job requires. But it seems unlikely.

In fairness, it seemed pretty unlikely when Ollie was sitting at the podium after beating Kentucky and calling Stephanie his most important recruiting win, too.

Reaction Score
in order to win one and fall off of a cliff, he has to win one first...

Reaction Score
Doubtful. Unless Hubert Davis just decides to stop doing his job. I like him and think he’ll do well. UNC is a ton more likable with him as coach.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Is your buddy a regular contributor to the Pitt hoops board? Because that's what those guys actually want to see. They probably haven't given one thought to Ollie in 4 years, yet KO is all over that thread.

They also don't think much of Davis because Pitt actually beat UNC this year with the craptastic team and coaching they had.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
4/21
'always liked hubert on the knicks when i was a kid. he struck me as cerebral on the court, a 'steady eddy.' carried himself with class and never imagined himself to be something that he is not. as a sometime carolina fan (among the big 3 here that im supposed to hate, ie. carolina, duke, and kentucky) i like the possibilities for him. i like the hire, and wish him well.'

and here we are today.
'bbutt typo is gonna be a pro!'

too bad they banned me from the stock thread. apparently, nobuddy likes money here, or plays bball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom