Is Geno toying with his fans and with his team? | The Boneyard

Is Geno toying with his fans and with his team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Husky Nan provided this link:
Do fans need to temper their expectations for UConn women’s basketball this season?

in which Geno said:
“You know, I don’t remember walking into a game in the last eight years where somebody goes, I don’t think you have a chance to win this game. Now, we’re going to hear that. That’s not bad.”

Seriously, does Geno really believe that there a single game this year when UConn won't have a chance to win? Nah. He had a smile on his face when he said that....He's clearly looking forward to having the pressure off the team and being able to appreciate that for the first time in years there will be games in which there will be more glory in winning than agony in losing.

Reaction Score
Husky Nan provided this link:
Do fans need to temper their expectations for UConn women’s basketball this season?

in which Geno said:
“You know, I don’t remember walking into a game in the last eight years where somebody goes, I don’t think you have a chance to win this game. Now, we’re going to hear that. That’s not bad.”

Seriously, does Geno really believe that there a single game this year when UConn won't have a chance to win? Nah. He had a smile on his face when he said that....He's clearly looking forward to having the pressure off the team and being able to appreciate that for the first time in years there will be games in which there will be more glory in winning than agony in losing.

As the season(s) being (began) Geno, when necessary, tempered expectations. Then too he has read---it's good for WBB if Uconn loses once in a while--I think Geno likes this coming season--his team and he have to work a bit harder--so he can demand more PERFECTION.
Most of us here are "realist"--does not mean we don't trumpet the glory of Uconn--someone, probably Geno said--Fans are nice when you are winning--but essential when you are not (That means TRUE Fans)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Is Geno toying with his fans and with his team?

Yes. Constantly. And with the media, other teams, etc.

With all due respect and apologies to bags27, I did not need to read the thread to know the answer to the question. :)

That being said, the growth of any sport - especially women's sports - involves excellence on the court/field and engaging personalities and stories off the court/field, in order to draw the attention of fans and increased media coverage.

Geno provides both - and he does so better than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom