Is Boat playing tomorrow? | The Boneyard

Is Boat playing tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
By the sounds of things, it's really 50-50. All depends on how he feels in the AM. Maybe 40-60.

Reaction Score
I'd expect no tomorrow, 50-50 for USF on Wednesday, and out there but not himself for Cincy next weekend. The fact he hasn't practiced the last two days makes it feel like Rip's injury in 1999 that kept him out two games (and hampered him for a week or two more). If it's better than that, great - but that's my expectation, which if I'm right, means that it's time for other folks to show some coconuts and step up.

Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: Ollie says if Boatright 50 percent, won't go. But if 60-70 pct, he'll listen to Boat.

Reaction Score
From amore Twitter

Ryan Boatright didn't practice today. He wants to try to play tomorrow, but doesn't sound optimistic

Reaction Score
It's probably in his best 'future' interest that he not play. He can not afford an injury nagging him all season with what's at stake (think NBA) this year. This is one time where I wouldn't mind him being selfish and put himself first. He's done so much for this team that I hope he knows he's deserves/earned some healing time off.

Personally I don't want to see a 60-70% Boat, I can wait a few games, even if it means some losses, which to me would mean having an asterisk anyway.

With that said we have to trust his teammates to play UConn ball, Ollie's way today.

Reaction Score
It's probably in his best 'future' interest that he not play. He can not afford an injury nagging him all season with what's at stake (think NBA) this year. This is one time where I wouldn't mind him being selfish and put himself first. He's done so much for this team that I hope he knows he's deserves/earned some healing time off.

Personally I don't want to see a 60-70% Boat, I can wait a few games, even if it means some losses, which to me would mean having an asterisk anyway.

With that said we have to trust his teammates to play UConn ball, Ollie's way today.
I agree, no need for Boat to press if it will affect his future. I absolutely don't agree that these losses will come with an asterisk attached. The good news is that the AAC is shaping up that wins over SMU and Cincy may matter. The bad news is that this team has a very small margin for error going fwd. With Boat or without, one or two more bad losses means this team will have to win the conference tournament. Doable? Absolutely. Realistically, I have seen nothing yet that shows me this team can do it.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter whether he plays. If he is hobbled he won't be able to play like the Boat we know.

Reaction Score
The oddsmakers don't think he will play or at least be effective. The gators are a 9.5 fav. When was the last time we were that big a dog? I still like us to at least keep it close.

Reaction Score
The oddsmakers don't think he will play or at least be effective. The gators are a 9.5 fav. When was the last time we were that big a dog? I still like us to at least keep it close.
We were probably that big a dog against Louisville last year. At least we should have been.

Reaction Score

3 games ago against Duke

Reaction Score
Not....enough...talent! We shouldn't be screwed by losing one guy. I watched a high school game yesterday and they showed the teams with the top recruiting classes. I know some people will rationalize some of those teams to death but some of them have NO BUSINESS out-recruiting UConn at this point. We are less than 12 months from a championship, won with the current coach. We have been dominant for these kids' ENTIRE LIVES! Ollie is friends with LeBron and Durant and personally played in the NBA. He is young and energetic. HOW THE HELL DO WE NOT HAVE A SINGLE BLUE CHIP RECRUIT!?!?! There is only one explanation and it must be addressed no matter how ugly it might be. And, no, it has nothing to do with our conference, geographical location, contracts, practice facilities or any of the other lame excuses. We need to take an escalator or two.

Last edited:

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The bright side. Boat has always been able to out quick his way through his opponents. Even when he comes back, he will be a step slower, forcing him to think his way through possessions somewhat like Bazz. In the long wrong when he returns to health, his game may have improved considerably as has developed a new skill, one that will allow him to be effective without putting the great strain on his body on
every play.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Not....enough...talent! I watched a high school game yesterday and they showed the teams with the top recruiting classes. I know some people will rationalize some of those teams to death but some of them have NO BUSINESS out-recruiting UConn at this point. We are less than 12 months from a championship, won with the current coach. We have been dominant for these kids' ENTIRE LIVES! Ollie is friends with LeBron and Durant and personally played in the NBA. He is young and energetic. HOW THE HELL DO WE NOT HAVE A SINGLE BLUE CHIP RECRUIT!?!?! There is only one explanation and it must be addressed no matter how ugly it might be. And, no, it has nothing to do with our conference, geographical location, contracts, practice facilities or any of the other lame excuses. We need to take an escalator or two.
Ollie's first years this program was under attack by the NCAA and the p-5 as they were trying to marginalize the program. This is what Ollie faced when recruiting. The pitch against UConn was this: he couldn't coach, the team was on the decline and in probation, Calhoun was the program, the academics were middling at best, the new league stinks, UConn will never win again etc..
So Ollie could not land blue chippers so he took flyers on kids. He lost on Cassell, he lost TSam, he lost on Purvis, lost on Lubin. One these will likely prove me wrong. He's winning on Facey, Brimah, and Hamilton. Since the title he's won big time on Adams and Enoch looks like he could be good. The man has a title.
Next years team of Adams, Facey, Brimah, Hamilton, Enoch, Calhoun, TSam, Purvis etc.,, will be very very good.
He needs another point guard, maybe a JUCO.
Ollie's only mistake is he thought that TSam, Sam Jr, Purvis could give him ten minutes of point play. Hasn't happened yet.
Six more made three throws and UConn is in top 25. Two missed jumpers UConn is sitting pretty.
The program is in no trouble.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not....enough...talent! We shouldn't be screwed by losing one guy. I watched a high school game yesterday and they showed the teams with the top recruiting classes. I know some people will rationalize some of those teams to death but some of them have NO BUSINESS out-recruiting UConn at this point. We are less than 12 months from a championship, won with the current coach. We have been dominant for these kids' ENTIRE LIVES! Ollie is friends with LeBron and Durant and personally played in the NBA. He is young and energetic. HOW THE HELL DO WE NOT HAVE A SINGLE BLUE CHIP RECRUIT!?!?! There is only one explanation and it must be addressed no matter how ugly it might be. And, no, it has nothing to do with our conference, geographical location, contracts, practice facilities or any of the other lame excuses. We need to take an escalator or two.
Please let me know the next time you are standing next to a cliff, I will gladly push you off

Reaction Score
said he wasn't playing a long ass time ago. right after the temple game

Reaction Score
Not....enough...talent! We shouldn't be screwed by losing one guy...HOW THE HELL DO WE NOT HAVE A SINGLE BLUE CHIP RECRUIT!?!?! There is only one explanation and it must be addressed no matter how ugly it might be. And, no, it has nothing to do with our conference, geographical location, contracts, practice facilities or any of the other lame excuses. We need to take an escalator or two.
Possible Explanations:
5) No Cockfighting allowed in Storrs, CT
4) Lack of "Ocean View" dorm rooms
3) Shabazz "starving" shed a bad light on cafeteria
2) Coach Ollie's moustache
1) "New Coke" still in the UConn vending machines

Reaction Score
Wow. Some of you guys REALLY don't want to accept that recruiting is a filthy business and we are not doing great by trying to be cleaner than most.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Jalen Adams is a blue chip recruit.

Fun to track when an Ignored poster comes into the room. I see the Reply, but not the comment that 'inspired' it.

Reaction Score
Hans, you seem to be on an ignoring rampage these past couple days. Pretty soon the only posts you'll be able to see will be your own! :)

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Boat status still up in the air - cmon Boat it's a thigh bruise we get it

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Silver lining is that it is time to nut up for the other players. Without Boat, hopefully someone will step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom