Is Athletic Director Dave Benedict Out of Touch With UConn Football Fans | The Boneyard

Is Athletic Director Dave Benedict Out of Touch With UConn Football Fans

Reaction Score
I can assure you, even if Randy fails and gets fired/resigns, he will have put together a solid roster that a good coach can win with. This is always Randy’s saving grace. He knows potential when he sees it and he knows athleticism when he sees it. He has an elite talent in that regard.

If he is fired, AD Dave needs to go into stealth damage control to keep the players and get them excited by hiring an exciting coach. I have no doubt a guy like Rhett Lashlee would have put at least 3 touchdowns up yesterday. I also have no doubt Steven Krajewski would be the QB.

Reaction Score
I believe major donors support RE. It would take them to want a change.

Reaction Score
There is only so much longer they can support him. He needs to with 3 games to be retained IMO. Anything less than 5-6 next year and that’s enough to cut bait.

Reaction Score
Can’t fire him after one game but unless there are 3-4 wins you cannot keep him. After yesterday unsure where 2 wins come from.

Reaction Score
It’s so bad.

Nobody good wants to come here. Edsall had an OC and he left to go to the Jets.

We have what we have because these are the only people left that will work here.
I think it may be not wanting to work for Randy rather than UConn. A good OC can’t work for him. He stifles them and in turn makes them look bad.

Reaction Score
With the blowout of UConn by Fresno State and the team's dumpster fire record, why isn't Dave Benedict moving ahead with cleaning house. The fans basically want it now. They wanted it years ago.

Benedict was the one who flushed 5 more years down the toilet by bringing this guy back. Everyone should have known what a colossal waste of time bringing Edsall back would be.

Reaction Score
This is truly the last year for me after being a 22 year season ticket holder. They clearly don’t care but expect me tot. I’ll watch the year and hope for miracles, but I’m not getting abused anymore without a clear commitment to making a change and winning.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Considering all the turbulence caused by going indy and COVID, it made no sense to can him earlier. I believed he earned a shot to show us the results of his efforts. He showed us alright. He's gone after this year.
I agree with your point here, but what do you think Randy’s ceiling is? 4 wins or he’s gone? Improve over 2019s win total?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree with your point here, but what do you think Randy’s ceiling is? 4 wins or he’s gone? Improve over 2019s win total?
Right now I'm thinking too many wins won't be an issue. And everyone is sick of his style of play. I bet CBSSN has already called Dave asking for their money back.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is AD Dave's call. There's no way he's watched the last few years and can be pleased with the trajectory of the program.
I saw AD Benedict several years ago at a function. He said that Coach Hurley would turn around the basketball program much sooner then anyone believed was possible. He said unfortunately it would take Randy a LONG TIME to turn around football. The hard thing to get a grasp of is UConn can’t bring in 10 or 11 transfer s each year like Fresno and almost all other Division 1 teams. Academic standards are an obstacle that we can’t get around.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Plus the portal will kick Randy’s ass. Anyone who shows talent is likely to leave.
Which is why he’s been on record many times saying how he dislikes the portal. Because he loses these kids.

Reaction Score
I can assure you, even if Randy fails and gets fired/resigns, he will have put together a solid roster that a good coach can win with. This is always Randy’s saving grace. He knows potential when he sees it and he knows athleticism when he sees it. He has an elite talent in that regard.

If he is fired, AD Dave needs to go into stealth damage control to keep the players and get them excited by hiring an exciting coach. I have no doubt a guy like Rhett Lashlee would have put at least 3 touchdowns up yesterday. I also have no doubt Steven Krajewski would be the QB.
I agree 100%. If Lashlee were here we would have a lot more years and Steven Krajewski would be a multi year starter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom