Is anyone watching invasion on Apple +? | The Boneyard

Is anyone watching invasion on Apple +?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I watch the first two, and I’m not sure. It seem like the first two episodes focused on character development. I like Sam Neill as an actor, so that’ll keep me in for a while. Production values are all very good on the show.

Summary: weird stuff is happening, no one knows why… Yet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watch the first two, and I’m not sure. It seem like the first two episodes focused on character development. I like Sam Neill as an actor, so that’ll keep me in for a while. Production values are all very good on the show.

Summary: weird stuff is happening, no one knows why… Yet.

I didn't know about it. But now that I do, I'll give it a try. This will fall into the category of shows I watch without the Mrs. (like War of the Worlds and Foundation). She can watch Peaky Blinders for the 3rd time or something.

Reaction Score
I didn't know about it. But now that I do, I'll give it a try. This will fall into the category of shows I watch without the Mrs. (like War of the Worlds and Foundation). She can watch Peaky Blinders for the 3rd time or something.

LOL. Until COVID recission brings my commute back, I watch series that my wife would have no interest in between when I get up (anywhere from 6:00 to 7:00) and when I start getting ready for work at 8. Mostly science fiction or Marvel series.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will check it out. I liked See. If anything it’s clever in how it shows humans would adapt to losing sight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched the first 25 minutes of episode 1. It was late and I started falling asleep. I don't know if that's a commentary on the pace of this but yeah, it's glacial. I'll revisit it. Might be a better fit for @businesslawyer's early morning shows with a nice cup of coffee.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s one thing to slowly unravel a mystery. That can be very engaging. It’s another thing to meander aimlessly. This seems to be the latter.

Thanks for posting the review. That reinforces my decision to bail. I’m still hanging tough on Foundation though. I’ve come to the realization that it actually has very little to deal with Asimov’s novels, but at least it has a plot line even if that plot is in many ways inferior to the source material.

The Trantor story line is the best one and it’s average at best. The Terminus one is an abomination.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Trantor story line is the best one and it’s average at best. The Terminus one is an abomination.
The Trantor storyline is like 95% made up. Probably roughly the same with the Terminus one. They’re pretty much free styling the whole show at this point.

It’s OK. It’s not like it’s a must see TV or anything, but if I’m looking for something to watch it is fine.

I never understand the impulse to say “let’s bring a beloved series of novels to the screen, but ignore the storyline and make up our own narrative.“ It’s like someone making the Dune novels into a movie but the deciding it would be better if it were set in a jungle with a female lead who is accidentally separated from her professor parents and is befriended by the Bene Gesserait, who are a troop of adorable Cappuchin monkeys. Why bother?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom