• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow A-Rod turns 40 years old. A year ago the Yankees were trying desperately to find a loophole to get out of his deal and NY fans had had enough of him, hoping the team would just cut him.

He is currently 10th in MLB in OPS.
14th of his 23 HR's are over 400 feet and a few have gone over 450.

Any suspensions he has received have not been as a result of an MLB drug testing program. So he has known in the past how to get around the test and still may.

So is he using or is this just a magical season?

Reaction Score
Coming from a guy who goes whacky when Ortiz is questioned - hilarious. Paps has had a bunch of "magical" seasons and found a way around the legal system.

I hope he found the magic potion your guy has been getting away with since joining the Sox and Manny - so YES and it's working!;) Good news is he's a much nicer guy than Papi and if asked to help the team by being in the field he would grab his glove. And he should be in the HOF while other guy shouldn't sniff it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its an interesting question overall, ARod, Pujols and to a less extent Ortiz having surprising revitalizations reversing prolonged declines. In the case of ARod I'd think its totally unimaginable for him to juice as one more suspension he is out of baseball forever and would surpass Bonds as the most prolific and villainous juicer in baseball history. He has more to lose than to gain (his contract already written, other than Yankee fans he's not going to change opinions via good results) and yet ARod's history is that he juiced when he had almost no reason to. I'm more inclined to say not juicing for ARod, even though that is more surprising statistically speaking.

Reaction Score
Coming from a guy who goes whacky when Ortiz is questioned - hilarious. Paps has had a bunch of "magical" seasons and found a way around the legal system.

I hope he found the magic potion your guy has been getting away with since joining the Sox and Manny - so YES and it's working!;) Good news is he's a much nicer guy than Papi and if asked to help the team by being in the field he would grab his glove. And he should be in the HOF while other guy shouldn't sniff it.
Neither guy will sniff the hall of fame.

Reaction Score
Its an interesting question overall, ARod, Pujols and to a less extent Ortiz having surprising revitalizations reversing prolonged declines. In the case of ARod I'd think its totally unimaginable for him to juice as one more suspension he is out of baseball forever and would surpass Bonds as the most prolific and villainous juicer in baseball history. He has more to lose than to gain (his contract already written, other than Yankee fans he's not going to change opinions via good results) and yet ARod's history is that he juiced when he had almost no reason to. I'm more inclined to say not juicing for ARod, even though that is more surprising statistically speaking.
Ortiz should never be mentioned in the same breath as Bonds, Pujols and ARod. Those three are all-time baseball type talents.

Reaction Score

I don't know what happens Deac but you have to think there is always some "new" form of PED's which is so far ahead of testing they are confident in taking it. Sorry but there are too many players out there who are still changing "physique" and performing above expectations. Maybe it's just old fashioned me but the tests can only be tested against what they know and I doubt those manufacturers stop finding potential masks. Crazy as it seems I don't really care as whatever he is doing so is most of baseball - it is what it is and it's been going on for a long long time now. It would seem Napoli is afraid to try though LOL

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Although it wouldn't shock me if arod was using something new, I think what this says is that he probably could have been about as good without PEDs all those years as he was using, it was probably a mental crutch for him as much as anything else. As far as how fans should view him now, my view is that if you are caught once, you can come back and maybe be accepted. If you get caught a second time, especially in the post Bonds/McGuire era, and then blatantly deny, lie, sue, basically go to war with your team and MLB, I'm done with you. And I'm a Yankees fan, I know a lot of Yankees fans are cheering him on now - but not me.

Reaction Score
Although it wouldn't shock me if arod was using something new, I think what this says is that he probably could have been about as good without PEDs all those years as he was using, it was probably a mental crutch for him as much as anything else. As far as how fans should view him now, my view is that if you are caught once, you can come back and maybe be accepted. If you get caught a second time, especially in the post Bonds/McGuire era, and then blatantly deny, lie, sue, basically go to war with your team and MLB, I'm done with you. And I'm a Yankees fan, I know a lot of Yankees fans are cheering him on now - but not me.

If he's performing I could care less, I would prefer every Yankee player to be like a Jeter or Mariano but thats not realistic. The Babe, Mantle and Reggie weren't exactly saints off the field.

Reaction Score
Can Ortiz have roid rage at any second?

Not sure what that has to do with A-rod having his best season in 7 years when most Yankees fans and the organization thought he would be an incredible detriment to the team but congrats on dodging the issue.

Reaction Score

When have I gone "wacky" when Ortiz is questioned?

Reaction Score
Ortiz should never be mentioned in the same breath as Bonds, Pujols and ARod. Those three are all-time baseball type talents.
My golden fckin retriever could play 1B calm the fook down will ya?

Reaction Score
A-rod has been rumored to be on the juice as far back as his high school days so calm down. His entire career was possibly juice-induced.

Reaction Score

If A-rod and Teixeira were in a Sox uniform you would be slitting your wrists and wiping the walls in red writing that they were roiders.
Don't be hypocritical. Be consistent and say that what they are doing is a shame.
Also be consistent in constantly ripping A-rod for being a full-time DH as if his accomplishments mean little and are mocking old school baseball

Reaction Score
Also be consistent in constantly ripping A-rod for being a full-time DH as if his accomplishments mean little and are mocking old school baseball

Yeah, ARod has been a full time DH for 60 games, that is exactly the same:rolleyes:

A-rod has been rumored to be on the juice as far back as his high school days so calm down. His entire career was possibly juice-induced.

But actual failed tests for Big Papi prove nothing, right:rolleyes:. He is innocent.

My golden retriever could play 1B calm the fook down will ya?

Gold glove winners don't matter, DH's is where the real players are at.

Not sure what that has to do with A-rod having his best season in 7 years when most Yankees fans and the organization thought he would be an incredible detriment to the team but congrats on dodging the issue.

Dodging what issue? That Big Papi (who is 4 months younger than ARod) is given a pass for using? Red Sox fans call out ARod but vote Big Papi as a Franchise Four, it's ludicrous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No sheet ARod has juiced, so has Ortiz and Bonds, Albert possibly has too. Since Ortiz was mentioned along with Bonds, Pujols and ARod I thought I needed to point out the obvious that he's nowhere near their level as a ballplayer. For the record, I can't stand ARod and never wanted him as a Yankee but I've never doubted his talent.

Reaction Score
If A-rod and Teixeira were in a Sox uniform you would be slitting your wrists and wiping the walls in red writing that they were roiders.
Don't be hypocritical. Be consistent and say that what they are doing is a shame.

Wait you lost Viking? I said he may still be doing it how is that hypocritical and Tex? - hell he may be too. Not sure where you are going with that I am not in denial as there is still something going on everywhere. My point is The Nation has been in denial about Papi since 2003 and now a Sox fan is starting this thread? I mean our answer is "he's passing more tests than anyone in baseball" how's that for the answer to your question Hypocritical is YOU starting this thread!

ARod is a full time DH this year, he knew where his glove was the rest of his career these guys are not comparable by the way. One is a baseball player and the other a DH. 5 tools vs 1 tool - period. No HOF for a 1 tool player.

Reaction Score

And the only real good years in Papi's career began with his juice partner in Manny and continued. So guess what - "his entire career was possible juice induced". Hypocrite

junglehusky

Reaction Score
If he's performing I could care less, I would prefer every Yankee player to be like a Jeter or Mariano but thats not realistic. The Babe, Mantle and Reggie weren't exactly saints off the field.
There's "not exactly saints", and then there's "undermining the game".

Reaction Score
There's "not exactly saints", and then there's "undermining the game".

While I agree with the difference for sure Alex was singled out pretty much from the 2003 report and that's totally unfair. He was targeted and there's no doubt at least half of baseball was finding success also by "undermining the game."

Everyone roots for the uni no reason not to do the same!

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Here's the world's smallest violin for how unfair it was that arod got singled out.
mr-pink-worlds-smallest-violin.php_.jpg

Reaction Score
No sheet ARod has juiced, so has Ortiz and Bonds, Albert possibly has too. Since Ortiz was mentioned along with Bonds, Pujols and ARod I thought I needed to point out the obvious that he's nowhere near their level as a ballplayer. For the record, I can't stand ARod and never wanted him as a Yankee but I've never doubted his talent.
I mentioned ARod, Ortiz and Pujols as baseball players that were older and having relatively good years, but you felt some schadenfreude need to stress that Ortiz is on some different plane. Sure, the other two are much better players, but I think the comparison had zero to do with that.
My point was recently it appears we are seeing less of the mid-to-late 30's resurgence of hitters and guys like Pujols (until this year), Robinson Cano, Prince Fielder & Ryan Howard are dropping off as they get into their 30's. Ortiz fits more with the earlier group (Bonds, ARod) due to steroid accusations especially and because he's hitting well into his late 30's. No discussion of stats or implied all-time rankings. It is like I am saying both the Rolling Stones and ZZ Top are both still performing well into senior citizen status. No one needs to point out where those two bands rank all-time to get the similarity. Capice?

Reaction Score
I don't know what happens Deac but you have to think there is always some "new" form of PED's which is so far ahead of testing they are confident in taking it. Sorry but there are too many players out there who are still changing "physique" and performing above expectations. Maybe it's just old fashioned me but the tests can only be tested against what they know and I doubt those manufacturers stop finding potential masks. Crazy as it seems I don't really care as whatever he is doing so is most of baseball - it is what it is and it's been going on for a long long time now. It would seem Napoli is afraid to try though LOL
I think that's right, I don't really care and for some odd reason drug use is rampant and fine in football and largely untested in basketball (they telegraph their tests so really easy to cycle & avoid) and no one cares. But somehow because ARod is such a narcissist I do care if he has the gall to cheat again. He's kind of like the baseball version of Lance Armstrong - such a blatant cheater and egotist that watching him get a comeuppance never gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom