Is AD Dave Alive? | The Boneyard

Is AD Dave Alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It would seem that in order for UConn to regain its footing, our AD might want to be engaged with UConn Nation to rekindle support and provide some sense of vision, excitement and enthusiasm beyond building new facilities for irrelevant, non- revenue generating sports.

I just don’t get it. I really don’t. What is the goal? Hard to get anywhere without a goal. Is it Men’s basketball will be a perennial top 10 team and football will be in the top 25. Or is it, to be a P5 level program in all sports? Is it to be revenue neutral?

To me, we sons really crappy leadership.

Reaction Score
Well, there probably isn't too much he can say about his vision for the future of UCONN athletics that hasn't already been said until the new President is installed and endorses his view. Everything is more or less in limbo, isn't it, until Susan Herbst formally steps down and her replacement is calling the shots. Or maybe UCONN works differently?

Reaction Score
It would seem that in order for UConn to regain its footing, our AD might want to be engaged with UConn Nation to rekindle support and provide some sense of vision, excitement and enthusiasm beyond building new facilities for irrelevant, non- revenue generating sports.

I just don’t get it. I really don’t. What is the goal? Hard to get anywhere without a goal. Is it Men’s basketball will be a perennial top 10 team and football will be in the top 25. Or is it, to be a P5 level program in all sports? Is it to be revenue neutral?

He is too busy coming up with brilliant ideas such as the single and mingle section for a basketball game on Vday :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I agree he should be more visible when it comes to basketball. MBB is clearly on an upward trajectory and he should be capitalizing on that.

For football - what should he be doing? I don't know if there's anything he can accomplish until they have a competent product to sell.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
IF you think the Boneyard is bad, listen to the crap he has to hear when in public or at his office. Go back to the Big East, drop football, football sucks. $40 million dollar deficit, etc.

His time is best served ensuring the coaches have the proper resources and letting them tell the story. There is nothing he can do to get out in front of anything until the new President comes in and then he might be leaving at that point anyway, only he and the new President know for sure.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that it's hard for anyone at UConn to be assertive about anything with a lame duck President holding office until August. I'm sure the new President will want to hold multiple meetings with his AD to acquire info and provide his vision for the future of UConn athletics. If DB and new President aren't on the same page, it wouldn't surprise me to see some turnover in our AD...especially with some very difficult decisions re: cutting non-revenue sports and/or increased football funding looming in our near future.

Reaction Score
I heard he was told the fan base might be less whiny if he said less :eek:

Reaction Score

You’re following the wrong team....if you want an absolute cultural commitment to athletics I suggest you focus your attention on Columbus, OH; Tuscaloosa, AL; Austin, TX; Gainesville, FL etc and so on.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Since RE2 brainfarted and called him AD Dave, it’s been downhill. Dude has milkcartoned. He wants so back to DixieLand.

C

Chief00

Yeah it’s sad. It wouldn’t be that weird if his tenure didn’t start out with a ton of fan engagement and twitter presence before he just disappeared

Litigation will do that. Not everyone has the ability to dance around this stuff. Even Chief had to put in place a partial gag order.

Reaction Score
Watched him at a the SMU game at Gampel from about 2 rows away. Totally disengaged. Not interacting with folks. Looked like at total buffoon. I don’t know how anyone with an ounce of leadership who crawls into a hole at this point. He should be talking up Hurley and the improvements, reassuring on Woman’s Basketball, and putting stakes in the ground on football guaranteeing not another losing season and turn around time (even if he knows it’s a long shot). You can’t build a program in hiding like a p**sy.

Reaction Score

We are seeing historically bad performances across the board on his watch and he's no where to be found.

Reaction Score
We are seeing historically bad performances across the board on his watch and he's no where to be found.

I call BS. The foundations for the "bad performances" were put into place prior to his arrival. He changed both coaches, what else is he supposed to do.?

Poor babies need your but kissed by the AD? He's an Athletic Director not your Grandmother. When you buy a ticket you buy the opportunity to watch a sporting event, not a personalized encounter with Santa Claus. Politicians are accused of being the biggest phonies on earth when they do the things you are asking AD Dave to do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
dude has been in hiding for years. why change now
I know I will get attacked for this response, but where have all you people been? I think he has been at almost every men’s and women’s game at the civic center. I see him circulating at least before the game. I don’t fight traffic through Hartford at rush hour to go to Storrs so I cant respond re Storrs.
I think its a sign of our twitter/facebook society, but I’m actually pleased that I don’t see him in the presses all the time. The best work never gets done in front of a camera .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SSSHHHH..........
Don't wake the idiot up
Let him sleep until the new president names a new AD
UConn doesn't need anything else from the dolt DB

Reaction Score
SSSHHHH.....
Don't wake the idiot up
Let him sleep until the new president names a new AD
UConn doesn't need anything else from the dolt DB

The dude hired Hurley and managed to get highly rated OC to come to UConn. Yeah, we should get rid of this guy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I call BS. The foundations for the "bad performances" were put into place prior to his arrival. He changed both coaches, what else is he supposed to do.?

Poor babies need your but kissed by the AD? He's an Athletic Director not your Grandmother. When you buy a ticket you buy the opportunity to watch a sporting event, not a personalized encounter with Santa Claus. Politicians are accused of being the biggest phonies on earth when they do the things you are asking AD Dave to do.

That KO extension with the $10 mil buyout was not in place when he arrived.

Reaction Score
AD Dave is just fine. Time for people to accept he’s doing his best to clean up a mess he inherited. Hurley was a great get and Edsall was a solid attempt at solving a problem with no readily available solution. He thinks outside the box and he has passed two big tests imo (I’ll count Edsall as a win, had to do something).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom