OT: - #irunwithmaud | The Boneyard

OT: #irunwithmaud

Reaction Score
A month of so ago, many of you were very supportive to my wife in carrying on with her marathon training despite the quarantine caused by Covid-19.

To recap, after two miscarraiges within six months, a sixty pound weight gain and a year-long battle with depression, my wife found running as one of her solaces to take control of her body and mind. Now, at age 37, she's in the best shape of her life and is the happiest I've known her during our seven years together.

This weekend would have been her first marathon, but it was postponed to September.

Today, she is moving forward with running 26.2 miles around our neighborhood. She's about halfway done and doing great!

She is dedicating her run in the memory of Ahmaud Arbery, a black man who was brutally murdered by a white man while going on a jog.

The hashtag #irunwithmaud has been trending in the running community as call for solidarity, especially in support to the black running community.

If you have the means or interest to donate to the family of Ahmaud Arbery, a Go Fund Me has been set up "to assist Ahmaud's mother; Ms. Wanda Cooper-Jones and her immediate family with financial support during this extreme difficult time and in their struggle for justice for the murder of Ahmaud Marquez Arbery."

Have a great day and I'll keep you all posted how she does!!!

~ Joe

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Congrats to your wife! And I don't know your story Adrien but you might want to think about stepping up your game. Not the same but I knew a guy who's longtime live-in GF contracted celiac's disease back before they were really looking for it. She lost 60 pounds before they had it identified and under control. Next thing you know she's realizing her fish bowl just got way bigger and the guy was single again.

Reaction Score
Congrats to your wife! And I don't know your story Adrien but you might want to think about stepping up your game. Not the same but I knew a guy who's longtime live-in GF contracted celiac's disease back before they were really looking for it. She lost 60 pounds before they had it identified and under control. Next thing you know she's realizing her fish bowl just got way bigger and the guy was single again.
I read recently that like 80% of gastric weight loss couples break up after the spouse loses weight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom