OT: - Irrigation heads | The Boneyard

OT: Irrigation heads

temery

What?
Reaction Score
For those who have lawn irrigation systems, how often do you need to replace or fix one of the head?

I have eight lines with four heads each, and have had to replace or fix two heads in each of the last three years. One was stuck, one must have froze and popped the first time I started up in the during, and one just got chopped by the mower. Rinse/repeat.

Is this normal?

Reaction Score
How old is the system?
I've been in my house for 19 years I've only had to replace two or three of the 20 or so heads over that time. A couple times the top blew off and I had a fountain in my yard, and in another instance, a head was leaking and causing the dirt to erode around it. The system has high quality Hunter heads so maybe that attributed to their durability. and I replaced them with whatever brand Lowe's carries and they still seem to be functioning fine.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
How old is the system?
I've been in my house for 19 years I've only had to replace two or three of the 20 or so heads over that time. A couple times the top blew off and I had a fountain in my yard, and in another instance, a head was leaking and causing the dirt to erode around it. The system has high quality Hunter heads so maybe that attributed to their durability. and I replaced them with whatever brand Lowe's carries and they still seem to be functioning fine.

This is the third year, but there has also been a fair amount of tree work, with trucks driving over the lawn, etc. The weird thing is the heads cut off this year were by the landscaper. They are Hunter heads, which I'm told are reliable.

To the contractors credit, He's charged me no more than $60 each time he's had to come, and that includes new heads.

My next house will have no lawn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But they'll let you out to walk in the courtyard under supervision for at least a few minutes each day, won't they?
At least it will be a "big house."

Reaction Score
My next house will have no lawn.

Every time I am busting my butt in the yard, I mutter, "Only four years until I can get into a 55 and over community."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have a four zone system and every year I have to replace 1-2 sprinkler heads. My sprinkler system is fed from a well and a pump. I don't have any filtration on the well water so minerals and other deposits clog up and degrade the sprinkler heads over time.

Reaction Score
A mower nipped the head off one of mine, and I have a 25 ft guiser. Need to replace.

What brands are u using??

Reaction Score
I have a 10 zone system, have replaced 2 heads in the past 4 years. I have Toro heads with well water. Heads are easy and cheap to replace yourself once you know how. I'm in NC, I never winterize either.

Reaction Score
Have 6 zones and replacement of a head is a cost you can count on Cost/ $50-$100.About 2 need to be replaced a year from my 20 yrs experience.
Warner Nursery sets me up with adjustments and closes me down every year at some cost.
I have a green beautiful lawn right now knock on wood.
Hope to see you again in co-opp before game again this year if we have vacine.

Reaction Score
How old is the system?
I really need to find a cheap contractor or even side guy to fix a leak in my valve box. House is on the market and one guy wanted a grand to replace the entire thing. He said sure I can rebuild a valve for a hundred but it could leak again. I said yes and he just made another excuse. Really need that 100 dollar temporary repair lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom