Iowa's Tania Davis suffers 2nd ACL tear in two years | The Boneyard

Iowa's Tania Davis suffers 2nd ACL tear in two years

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sad face.

Last February, Iowa freshman guard Tania Davis tore the ACL in her right knee. She was able to complete her rehab two months ahead of schedule without missing action at the start of this season:
How Iowa's Tania Davis blasted through ACL rehab and returned months ahead of schedule

Now comes news that Davis, now a sophomore, tore the ACL in her other (left) knee in Iowa's game against Northern Iowa:
Tania Davis sidelined again with torn ACL

All injuries are sad cases, but this one is especially sad on two counts: (a) it's her second season-ending injury in two years, and (b) she played in 12 games this season, which is a few too many to seek a medical hardship waiver.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And the injuries just keep coming. It's hard to hate something that you have absolutely no control over, but somehow I'm succeeding. Mightily. We love you Tania. Please be well.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
When I was into roundball in the 50's knee injuries never seemed to happen, at least I wasn't aware of it when I was in high school or college. We used, for example, Converse Chuck Taylor hightops. What's the difference now? I know the shoes are different. Are the players more athletic or what?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
When I was into roundball in the 50's knee injuries never seemed to happen, at least I wasn't aware of it when I was in high school or college. We used, for example, Converse Chuck Taylor hightops. What's the difference now? I know the shoes are different. Are the players more athletic or what?

Troubling that women basketball players are very susceptible to ACL injuries. More so than men.

The fifties, of course, well before Title IX.

It seems like this year has been really bad in that regard. Worth noting, though, the attached article from the great Jack McCallum in the February 13, 1995 SI entitled "Out of Joint", referring to ACL injuries being "virtually epidemic" in WCBB. Worse now than 20+ years ago?

Out of Joint - SI.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom