Iowa State | The Boneyard

Iowa State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Mayor has another another fun squad to watch. They're tuning up Arkansas right now.

Incidentally, Niang was fat as _____ before he dropped that weight this summer and still has a horrendous physique for a division 1 athlete that doesn't throw the discuss or play offensive line.

Oh, and West Virginia just lost at home to LSU. [Cue the sad price is right music.]

Reaction Score
Iowa St, as always, are incredibly entertaining to watch...

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'd love for UConn and ISU to start a home and home series. Feel like it would be a good fit for schools.

I'd also kill for a post player like Niang. Dude can flat out ball.

Reaction Score
I'd love for UConn and ISU to start a home and home series. Feel like it would be a good fit for schools.

I'd also kill for a post player like Niang. Dude can flat out ball.
ISU recruits a lot from the New England preps. So I would think they'd love to have a home and home with UConn. Even without that hook I'm sure they'd love to have a home and home with UConn!

Reaction Score
Last week I started a "what happened to offence" thread. Iowa St does not apply. How every year they're able to put 5 shooters on the court at one time and we cannot get 2 is beyond my understanding.

Reaction Score
Dear Boog204(a little lithe on poundage) Powell: Have you ever seen Hoiberg or Ollie play? Therein lies your insight.

Hoiberg could stick it Wes B style. Ollie in the elite 8 vs UCLA in 1995, played on the left coast, struggled to stick it in the Pacific.

Reaction Score
Dear Boog204(a little lithe on poundage) Powell: Have you ever seen Hoiberg or Ollie play? Therein lies your insight.

Hoiberg could stick it Wes B style. Ollie in the elite 8 vs UCLA in 1995, played on the left coast, struggled to stick it in the Pacific.

My nickname comes from Boog Powell; my swing was similar. Most definitely saw them both play and you are correct, one was a scorer while the other was not. Does being a shooter mean you can recruit only shooters, though?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Respect the out of Hoiberg and Iowa ST. It's gotta be really hard to win down there, and they put on a show each time. Hoiberg would probably be my pick (god forbid) we lose Ollie

Reaction Score
How every year they're able to put 5 shooters on the court at one time and we cannot get 2 is beyond my understanding.
We just lost our 3 best all at once, a fourth is hurt, and a fifth is slumping.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Respect the out of Hoiberg and Iowa ST. It's gotta be really hard to win down there, and they put on a show each time. Hoiberg would probably be my pick (god forbid) we lose Ollie

Hoiberg wouldn't leave Iowa State for another school, just as Ollie wouldn't. The guy is a legend in Ames, not only did he play there but went to Ames High. Imagine if Ollie grew up in Storrs and went to EO Smith, that's what they have with Fred. I was able to watch him quite a bit as my time at Kansas coincided with his time at Iowa State, he was an impressive, heady player.

Reaction Score
We just lost our 3 best all at once, a fourth is hurt, and a fifth is slumping.

I'll give you the losing 3. I'm assuming the slumping fifth is Boat? Who is the fourth, Omar or Purvis? But last years team was a bit of an anomaly shooting wise.

For example in 12-13, we had 4 guys hit 20+ 3's. But only one shot above 33%. I wouldn't call that great shooting. Iowa St had 7 guys last year hit 20 3's, all over 33%. In 11-12 we had three guys hit 20, only one was above 35%. In 10-11 we had 5 guys hit 20, only one was above 33%.

Last years team had 5 guys with 20 (Omar hit 19) and those 5 were all above 33% and the big three ('Bazz, DD, Niels) were above 40%.

Reaction Score
Watching a little bit of Iowa St last year and this year, they never struck me as a team that can grind out a win in the 50's or 60's. To get to the final 4, I feel like you need to be able to play both ways.

Reaction Score
TO: Big Bopper Boog moe like 260lbs

It takes a pure shooter to really appreciate another and comprehend another to scout one or 2 to rank and recruit him, her or them.

When talking to a pure shooter; if you are just jive with no substance he will look right through you like you do not exist therefore you cannot recruit him by definition because you cannot communicate with him.

Fact of the matter; when said pure shooter goes off in the "zone," the game moves at a pace that puts the j man in a phase where the defense is viewed as nonexistent or full of holes. Just like the jive the jive man feeds.

Reaction Score
TO: Big Bopper Boog moe like 260lbs

It takes a pure shooter to really appreciate another and comprehend another to scout one or 2 to rank and recruit him, her or them.

When talking to a pure shooter; if you are just jive with no substance he will look right through you like you do not exist therefore you cannot recruit him by definition because you cannot communicate with him.

Fact of the matter; when said pure shooter goes off in the "zone," the game moves at a pace that puts the j man in a phase where the defense is viewed as nonexistent or full of holes. Just like the jive the jive man feeds.

Even for you, this is so ______ stupid.

Reaction Score
I'll give you the losing 3. I'm assuming the slumping fifth is Boat? Who is the fourth, Omar or Purvis? But last years team was a bit of an anomaly shooting wise.

For example in 12-13, we had 4 guys hit 20+ 3's. But only one shot above 33%. I wouldn't call that great shooting. Iowa St had 7 guys last year hit 20 3's, all over 33%. In 11-12 we had three guys hit 20, only one was above 35%. In 10-11 we had 5 guys hit 20, only one was above 33%.

Last years team had 5 guys with 20 (Omar hit 19) and those 5 were all above 33% and the big three ('Bazz, DD, Niels) were above 40%.

There are different ways to skin a cat. Iowa State's phenomenal offense has translated into how many Final Fours exactly? Their fans are probably wondering why they never have teams that defend like Uconn's 2011 championship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom