Iowa recruit and family hit by impaired driver | The Boneyard

Iowa recruit and family hit by impaired driver

Reaction Score
I think she committed only as she's a 2023.

Hoping for a quick recovery. Didn't like some of the word choices in that article. Saying she "was" a multi sport athlete may have people jump to the wrong conclusion.

Impaired driving is a pet peeve of mine. Too many people get hurt in more ways than just physical injuries.

Reaction Score
Heartbreaking news, the father has passed away. Send them all your thoughts and prayers.

Reaction Score
Heartbreaking news, the father has passed away. Send them all your thoughts and prayers.
Truly heartbreaking for all involved. Praying for everyone. I can’t imagine what all parties are going through.

Reaction Score
As a Louisville guy this is devastating. This happened one block from the Yum Center and two blocks from my church. I worked downtown for 25 years and was a lunchtime runner. I walked/ran through that intersection thousands of times.

Apparently, the driver claims he was taking hydrocodone and was "too tired" to make the turn.

Reaction Score
This family is going through a horrific time. All this going on with mom and daughter while their husband/father has died. I can't imagine how terrible this is for them.

Reaction Score
Finally some good news. Mom and daughter are both off ventilators, and there is at least initial talks about when it will be safe to transfer them to a hospital in Kansas for continuing rehab.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Finally some good news. Mom and daughter are both off ventilators, and there is at least initial talks about when it will be safe to transfer them to a hospital in Kansas for continuing rehab.

I saw this, too. My first thought was, Ava was initially reported to be in serious but stable condition. She must have taken a turn for the worse, as you don't have someone intubated for the better part of ten days if she's in serious condition. I hope the brain bleed didn't cause anything lasting.

I will root for this young woman as long as she plays.

What a world-changing event for her and her family. The father sounded like a saint, and her older brother obviously has a lot of their father in him. He went right from track practice at his college to take care of his younger brother. He's gonna have to grow up fast, as he'll have to take care of all three of his family members.

I'll stop before I express too much anger.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I'm really sad to see this. It's such a devastating situation. She lost her father and probably her basketball career. I hope she can continue to rehab and find the path to a fulfilling life. It's great that Iowa will stand by its scholarship offer, and hopefully she can find a supportive college environment there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom