Iowa @ Nebraska - 2/11/21 | The Boneyard

Iowa @ Nebraska - 2/11/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Lincoln, NE - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Big Ten Network (Kevin Kugler, Meghan McKeown)

Video stream:
Watch BTN Live | Stream Games & Shows on BTN | FOX Sports (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Iowa up 41-35 at half. Clark having a monster game. so far 18 pts 7-8 (4-5 from 3) 2A and 6 Reb but her teammates are messing up a few of her assists. Most under control I have seen her. Nebraska not muscling her like most of the top BIG10 teams do to her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I recorded the Iowa-Indiana game and finally got around to watching it, first time I've been able to watch a whole game with Clark. She had a quiet 30 if that's possible. Great first half, then missed a whole bunch of shots in the 2nd half before knocking a few down late in the game. She's obviously very talented, the shot selection at times left something to be desired.

Off topic but what really impressed me from that game was Holmes from Indiana, she was a machine. Every time you turned around she was scoring in the paint again.

Reaction Score
Iowa up 12 nearling end third

Clark might get close to a triple double.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think this is back to back 30 point games for Clark and 6th time this year?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Clark might come up a little short on triple-double--33 pts/10 reb/7 assists. Hawkeyes up 7 less than a minute left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
12-18 overall and 6-10 behind the arc for Clark--Bueckers type shooting numbers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
19 for Warnock and 17 for Czinano, so Clark got some help.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
88-81 final. Clark finished w/ 39, she must've scored all their points down the stretch. Just missed a 40 point game, but she'll probably be back in that neighborhood soon enough.

Reaction Score
88-81 Iowa final

Clark
Career high 39 pts (12-18, 6-10 3P, 9-9 FT), 10 reb, 7 ast, 7 TO in 38 min

Reaction Score
Clark is realllly good. Picked the wrong year for national honors, but she’s legit talented (and good friends with Paige from U19 days). Only nitpick is her TOs are outrageously high, but you can live with 7 tonight coupled with 12-18 shooting.

I admit as I’m gauging Paige’s status for national awards, I was checking Naz Hillmon and Dana Evans tonight. I’ve left Clark in my rear view mirror. NPOY might be tough for a freshman but so far Paige deserves it. The other two can still win it though.

Reaction Score
Clark is realllly good. Picked the wrong year for national honors, but she’s legit talented (and good friends with Paige from U19 days). Only nitpick is her TOs are outrageously high, but you can live with 7 tonight coupled with 12-18 shooting.

I admit as I’m gauging Paige’s status for national awards, I was checking Naz Hillmon and Dana Evans tonight. I’ve left Clark in my rear view mirror. NPOY might be tough for a freshman but so far Paige deserves it. The other two can still win it though.
There are several NPOY awards. I believe a couple of them split off the freshmen with their own award. Don’t recall a freshman ever winning a NPOY.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure what kind of coaching Nebraska gets but how do they give Clark all kinds of space late when they know she can and will take shots from 8 feet behind the arc? And at that point Czinano was out so Iowa was all but a 2-player team on offense. If you're not going to trap and get the ball out of her hands at least have someone within five feet of her.

Reaction Score
There are several NPOY awards. I believe a couple of them split off the freshmen with their own award. Don’t recall a freshman ever winning a NPOY.
Yeah - I think the Wade Trophy requires you to be a sophomore or older, and you have to be in good academic standing (no problem for Paige, who I guess has at least a 3.7 due to the deans list she made) but there are a couple others.

I‘m not sure but I don’t think a freshman has ever won any of them. Cheryl Miller’s NC freshman year was won by Anne Donovan in the Naismith one (a few men’s freshmen have won the Naismith so you know they are eligible). Holdsclaw didn’t really have that high of a level of a regular season, but then had the run through the tournament. Maya was a first-team AA as a freshman (which is very rare) but Candace Parker was still around. Maya and Stewie are actually the only two sophomores since the 80s to win it.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

It's never good to live with seven turnovers. That and shot selection may be her only weaknesses. If Iowa gets her more help they could be really good. I hope Ducharme or Poffenbarger can be as accurate as Clark is from deep.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
How is Clark on defense?
She is one of the better defenders on the team, but with this years Iowa team that isn't saying much. She is much better than her HS days so she has worked on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom