Iowa Game Predictions | The Boneyard

Iowa Game Predictions

Reaction Score
I think we ride the high from last night. I think Jalen has a BIG game and Cobb builds off his game last night with something along the lines of 10 and 8. I believe Brendan Adams steps up as well. UConn 82 Iowa 70

Reaction Score
I think this is the type of team Jalen could dominate.

I can't imagine our 3pt shooting stays as hot.

It'll be a fun game regardless. Two teams both riding adrenaline right now.

I think we need a lower scoring game than yesterday to pull of a W. 80+ points is not sustainable.

71-64 Good guys.

Reaction Score
Tough to say. Really hard to turn around emotionally from a game like night in 20 hours. But we'll be playing essentially a home game in prime time in MSG with a coach who will do all he can to have us ready. I'll be optimistic and say 68-64 good guys

Reaction Score
I think this is the type of team Jalen could dominate.

I can't imagine our 3pt shooting stays as hot.

It'll be a fun game regardless. Two teams both riding adrenaline right now.

I think we need a lower scoring game than yesterday to pull of a W. 80+ points is not sustainable.

71-64 Good guys.
I somewhat agree because I’m actually cautiously optimistic that our shooting is not an aboration. Against UKMC and Morehead we shot similarly. If CV hadn’t gone 1-8 against UKMC we may have shot even better than we did last night. We have guys who ca knock down shots when open. And when we pass the way we have been(22 assists last night!!) We put ourselves in a great position to make shots

Reaction Score
Tough to say. Really hard to turn around emotionally from a game like night in 20 hours. But we'll be playing essentially a home game in prime time in MSG with a coach who will do all he can to have us ready. I'll be optimistic and say 68-64 good guys
I don’t think that’ll be a problem with these guys they realize that they have an amazing opportunity tonight. I believe they want more

Reaction Score
I somewhat agree because I’m actually cautiously optimistic that our shooting is not an aboration. Against UKMC and Morehead we shot similarly. If CV hadn’t gone 1-8 against UKMC we may have shot even better than we did last night. We have guys who ca knock down shots when open

I don't think it's an abberation that we're shooting better. We must be getting more OPEN looks than most teams in d1 ball. The abberation is 57%. THAT is not sustainable.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's an abberation that we're shooting better. We must be getting more OPEN looks than most teams in d1 ball. The abberation is 57%. THAT is not sustainable.
No completely agree with that point. Just saying that 3 point shooting maybe a strength this year if we continue the ball movement.

Reaction Score
I’m shocked Iowa is a 4 point favorite. They re not even ranked. And it’s pretty much a home court game for us. I thought it wud be uconn -4. I don’t see any way they can stop our guards but I’ll be cautiously optimistic over under is superhigh too it’s 155 !!! I’ll say uconn 84-77.

Reaction Score
I’m shocked Iowa is a 4 point favorite. They re not even ranked. And it’s pretty much a home court game for us. I thought it wud be uconn -4. I don’t see any way they can stop our guards but I’ll be cautiously optimistic over under is superhigh too it’s 155 !!! I’ll say uconn 84-77.
They have it setup just the way we like it

Reaction Score
I think it will be a relatively close game, but Jalen will get us through. MSG will be packed with UConn support.

Reaction Score
so far, there has been one stand-out performance each night -- carlton, smith, and cobb respectively. i'd like to see either jalen or al go nuts and put up 30+ to bring it home. really hope the crowd is a factor, as well!

that's about all i got, predictions-wise, though. just excited to watch the game one way or another.

Reaction Score
We stay out of foul trouble and shoot 60 per cent from the line UConn by 12.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Dispite the energy, back to back games are physically and mentally exhausting. I except a lower scoring game. I think UConn's physical conditioning is a big plus tonight.

UConn 65 Iowa 56.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They play very tough half court D. Can we turn them over and create fast break points? That will be critical.

Carlton needs to avoid foul trouble, he was dominant early. Cobb needs to continue to break out. I would like a nice Wilt Chamberlain 42 and 28 with 9 blocks. But I'll settle for less. I think Jalen might go for 20 tonight.

I predict a sub 5 point final score, call it Huskies over Hawkeyes by 3. Totals should be lower than last night. If we get into the 70's things will be going well for us.

Reaction Score
This is a good test for Hurley and the team. Coming off a huge emotional win it will be interesting to see if we're a little lethargic from it or if we hit the ground running. It will tell us a lot about the teams mentality. I think we win it in a close one and end up in the top 25 next week.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How is there not one Clubber Lang GIF yet? I thought it was mandatory in a thread like this.

Literally don't know anything about Iowa. I watched the UConn game while they were playing Oregon, and I expected the Ducks to win. They probably expected Cuse to beat UConn as well, so it's all even.

I'll be watching this game off the DVR as well.

Reaction Score
we lead wire to wire and win by 9 or 10.

Syracuse's zone was supposed to be kryptonite for a small guard oriented team, but we were able to play ahead of it for a variety of reasons.

our guards shouldn't have a problem getting into the paint against iowa and we won't need to shoot so well from 3 if we're getting close looks at the basket.

iowa doesnt have a rim protector like chukwu to worry about either.

#25 next week.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

The over/under of 155 is super high, so you go with 161?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Hoping Fran makes this face ("I really gotta poop") and we win 78-67.
fran-pooping.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
How is there not one Clubber Lang GIF yet? I thought it was mandatory in a thread like this.

Literally don't know anything about Iowa. I watched the UConn game while they were playing Oregon, and I expected the Ducks to win. They probably expected Cuse to beat UConn as well, so it's all even.

I'll be watching this game off the DVR as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom