Iowa buzzer beater vs Rutgers | The Boneyard

Iowa buzzer beater vs Rutgers

Reaction Score
The punch in the gut is - how much did Iowa beat us by? And Rutgers has them beat
Meh. We have roughly the same record and by every meaningful measure we are better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Meh. We have roughly the same record and by every meaningful record we are better.
Please explain. I saw a fundamentally sound team under Steve Pikiell, a raucous crowd that would make Gampel envious, No wounded warriors like UConn. I suspect RU would handle UConn this year if they played with ease. Iowa was truly lucky to escape. I am not a Rutgers fan. I despise them for their CR fortune, but I do give them credit for a great game today. I am glad they lost, but they have come a long way.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Please explain. I saw a fundamentally sound team under Steve Pikiell, a raucous crowd that would make Gampel envious, No wounded warriors like UConn. I suspect RU would handle UConn this year if they played with ease. Iowa was truly lucky to escape. I am not a Rutgers fan. I despise them for their CR fortune, but I do give them credit for a great game today. I am glad they lost, but they have come a long way.

Cool.

Reaction Score
I wrote record rather than measure, which was a mistake.

KenPom

UConn: 81
Rutgers: 84

Sagarin

UConn: 90
Rutgers: 96

NET

UConn: 81
Rutgers: 112

BPI

UConn: 78
Rutgers: 96

This is surprising. Rutgers has played well in the games I've seen and they took Iowa to the wire and it wasn't a fluke. Plus, they have some real size that would cause us problems.

Reaction Score
Plus Jerry Recco

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Brutal L for SUNJ. Gotta think they are on the upswing with Steve Pikiell though.

Reaction Score
Screw rutgers, totally undeserving p5 addition, hope they suffer that type of loss many more times. Absolutely LOVED ❤️ what I just saw.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah I know Steve Pikiell is a UConn guy but ruck futgers. They could never win another game in anything and that’d be just fine with me.

Reaction Score
I’d say SCREW RUTGERS ... excepting Pikiell. I love ❤️ his career and progress.

So. I guess I’m saying I hate their Fanboys. A bunch of entitled wannabe that never win. At anything.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rutgers athletics has a concrete ceiling that stops them well below mediocrity.

e.g. Their entire history.

Reaction Score
I’d say SCREW RUTGERS ... excepting Pikiell. I love ❤️ his career and progress.

So. I guess I’m saying I hate their Fanboys. A bunch of entitled wannabe that never win. At anything.

Hate them for getting into a P5 when we're on the outside looking in. Hate them for whatever reason you want; but in all fairness, substitute "long suffering" for "entitled" and you'll be a lot closer to the truth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom