Ios8 crashes opening attachments | The Boneyard

Ios8 crashes opening attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are others having this problem with Forum Runner? I can't open anything without it kicking me out of the app. I'm using an iPhone 6. Any fixes???? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Have same problem. Crashes when opening links on my iPhone and ipad. Using Forum Runner as my app. Not sure it has been updated to IOS 8. Looking for help or recommendation on another forum reader.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is no fix for Forum Runner - it's orphaned software at this point.

As previously explained to others...

The Boneyard has a mobile mode which is far better and requires no app.

Use your cell phone's browser, be it Chrome or Safari or whatever Windows Phone uses as a browser.

Go to your account from the phone browser or your desktop/laptop. Hover or click over your name in the upper right corner of the menu bar, next to "Inbox" and "Alerts".

A drop down menu will appear....let your eyes wander down the list to "Preferences". (It may be hard to see because on a phone, it tends to be a translucent field that lets the background show through. Squint really hard and you'll see it part-way down on the left side of the menu.)

Click on Preferences.

You will then be presented with a box announcing your "browsing preferences".

In the very top field, select "Mobile Style". It will be a little hard to see because it's often black writing on a dark blue background, but squint really hard and make sure Mobile Style is selected.

Scroll down, hit Save Changes and you are done. It will show you the mobile version of the site whenever you visit.

You can actually set up the mobile style from your computer and it will remember your preference when you log in with your cell browser.

Reaction Score
How 'bout that, Fishy's unusually helpful directions worked like a charm. And, I still had this crazy idea we were supposed to use Forum Runner. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom