Ionescu | The Boneyard

Ionescu

Reaction Score
Off topic, I guess, but was impressed with Sabrina’s appearance as guest picker on this morning’s ESPN College Football Game Day show. I think she will have a real impact in the WNBA and women’s basketball in general. Great personality.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Going with the big upset, picking Syracuse over Clemson. I don't think Lee Corso was in agreement.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Going with the big upset, picking Syracuse over Clemson. I don't think Lee Corso was in agreement.
Syracuse up 21-10 with 7+ left in Q3. Clemson with 3 fumbles and an interception. QB change by Clemson coming up. Good job by Sabrina

Reaction Score
Corso needs to retire. I'm not sure why ESPN hangs on to him but is quick to dump its coherent talent.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Clemson needs to stay undefeated. If they are going to make the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Syracuse up 21-10 with 7+ left in Q3. Clemson with 3 fumbles and an interception. QB change by Clemson coming up. Good job by Sabrina
Sabrina had me rooting for Syracuse today and they almost pulled off the upset.

Reaction Score
Off topic, I guess, but was impressed with Sabrina’s appearance as guest picker on this morning’s ESPN College Football Game Day show. I think she will have a real impact in the WNBA and women’s basketball in general. Great personality.

The president of the WNBA needs to fire whoever is working their marketing department. With personalities like Sabrina, Asia, Diana, Sue, and Stewie, just to name a few players and with so many ways to push the needle of the WNBA, the WNBA marketing team is asleep at the wheel.

Reaction Score
The biggest problem the WNBA has always had was their in house hiring policies. The old " good ol boy " policy, exept the substituted "girl " for "boy". That was the issue in respec to coaching and every other aspect ot their operation. We often do not see the issues created in their internal structures,but one area are the announcers. They are just horrible.

They do nothing to promote the game that is in play, but rather forcus purely on showing off their in house prattle about everythng else. Most announcing teams have someone who discribes the action and a color commentator. They seem to forget the action on the court and focus mostly on color commenting. The in game commentor sells the game while the color commentor adds special interes. It requires a degree of skill to be able to keep focus while announcing games. What they have are ex players and coaches who like to pratle on about everything but the game in progress. Thats the WNBA. an organizaiton that is run by amatures from top to bottom. No wonder they can not get people to go to games or make a profit. Its a run like a " mom and pop " store but without even pop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom