Ionescu Delivers | The Boneyard

Ionescu Delivers

Reaction Score
Her , Laney, Onyewere were impressive. I was also impressed with Didi. I felt she would have had a rough start. But.... Her defense delivered. Even if it was only a short time.

I'm iffy about shook. She's definitely not starting material. I actually prefer Joiner over her

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What is the status of Natasha Howard? We know how good she worked with a talented point guard in Seattle, Should be great to see.

Reaction Score
Her , Laney, Onyewere were impressive. I was also impressed with Didi. I felt she would have had a rough start. But.... Her defense delivered. Even if it was only a short time.

I'm iffy about shook. She's definitely not starting material. I actually prefer Joiner over her
Yeah, I watched Shook for four years here at Louisville and have a hard time picturing her as a WNBA starter. Time will tell, I guess.

Reaction Score
What is the status of Natasha Howard? We know how good she worked with a talented point guard in Seattle, Should be great to see.

I believe she’s still over seas

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow -- who else saw it? The game winning 3? And the 3 before pretty damn clutch too.

Wow - the player is definitely special.
Watched the entire game. Loved it. Ionescu picked up right where she left off. I’d like to see her play a full season.

So glad to have women’s basketball back. Especially when nothing else is on that you will watch. I love the W. I know most of the players. Remember when many of them were freshmen in college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And Dallas, with all that young talent, just beat the pants off LA. Collier had a good first start. Amazing what the big girls can do when they get to the pros and can't be triple teamed. Loved how Dallas played.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When healthy, she deserves a spot on the Olympic team. She proved that for me when oregon beat team USA. She proved it again tonight. She’s one of the best guards in the world.
Absolutely. If she played last year at the level she seemed to be getting to and is clearly reaching this year, she would be on this year's team.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. If she played last year at the level she seemed to be getting to and is clearly reaching this year, she would be on this year's team.
Absolutely. I’m a big taurasi fan, but watching her last night, she is nothing short of a huge liability on defense. I support her and other vets being included on team USA, but they need a shot of youth for this Olympic cycle.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. I’m a big taurasi fan, but watching her last night, she is nothing short of a huge liability on defense. I support her and other vets being included on team USA, but they need a shot of youth for this Olympic cycle.

With all that said - I take it you watched the game last night? And for anyone else who did watch - what did you think when Taurasi took a few dribbles over halfcourt after receiving the outlet pass from Griner? When she had space - did you think she was going to take the 3 -- and did you think she was going to hit the shot?

For me- it was a no doubt "Yes" and "Yes." She could miss 20 shots during the game and for the game winner I'd expect that shot to go in.

And the only thing I can think of when she pulled up for the shot and your above comment about Team USA - all I can say is "Yeah, well That's Diana Taurasi."

Carnac

Reaction Score
Someone please tell me why, when I saw and watched Ionescu Friday, she immediately reminded me of a player on our team. A player (like her) that can do EVERYTHING, and is such an instrumental part of the team and its success. Ionescu won that game for the Liberty just as Bueckers won the South Carolina game for us. :eek: That last second 3 point shot at the end of the game was a dagger in the heart of the Fever. Funny, I seem to remember Paige having the same reaction to her made three immediately afterwards. Last year, the Liberty only won 2 games. What a great way to begin the new season, with a win, be it ugly or not.

I always enjoyed watching Sabrina at Oregon, and marveled at her ability to score and make plays on both ends of the court. She got her teammates involved in the game, and made all of the look good and play better. And then a second later, I realized........we have our own Sebrina Ionescu......in Paige Bueckers. :D

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
When healthy, she deserves a spot on the Olympic team. She proved that for me when oregon beat team USA. She proved it again tonight. She’s one of the best guards in the world.
Her talent and skillset WILL make room for her on the Olympic team, if not this year, then definitely in 2024. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sabrina rubbing off on her Liberty teammates. Up 39-22 in 2nd Q. 5-10 from 3. Sabrina 2-2 and getting in the face of all the IND guards who are whacking her at every turn. Hope Paige finds 20 lbs of muscle before she enters the WNBA.

W

wolfe613

Sabrina rubbing off on her Liberty teammates. Up 39-22 in 2nd Q. 5-10 from 3. Sabrina 2-2 and getting in the face of all the IND guards who are whacking her at every turn. Hope Paige finds 20 lbs of muscle before she enters the WNBA.
they said that about Durant and he couldn't even lift a bar to do a rep. He still looks skinny to me after years in the NBA, the whole put on weight thing is so overblown

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sabrina doing Sabrina things with a 32 foot 3 pt shot as Liberty storm out after being down 4-0 with a 15-0 run. Cheryl having Crystal come off the bench. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Triple double watch for Sabrina

21 pts 9 Assists 7 RB with 2 minutes left in Q3

Reaction Score
After watching Sabrina for 4 years in the OSU vs UO games, she is better than good, and, we new she was a "generational" talent. Yes, I said it, a "generational" talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom