Invite extended to BYU but not accepted | The Boneyard

Invite extended to BYU but not accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
See you later boise and SDSU. May as well circle the wagons and cut off the texas schools too. C K this noise, I need a drink. We really are doooomed.

Reaction Score
Did they invite ECU before or after the BYU invite?

If it was before, that means they're doing it in anticipation of losing another team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
byu will go with bsu sdsu and crew to a 16 team mwc. byu will still try to make a b12 or pac invite happen down the road.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Did they invite ECU before or after the BYU invite?

If it was before, that means they're doing it in anticipation of losing another team.
nelson thinks its Navy, he might be right.

Reaction Score
Looks like Big East will be:

Houston/SMU/Tulane
UCF/USF/ECU
Navy?/Temple
Louisville/Cincy/Memphis

Boise/SDSU go west. I don't think Houston and SMU want the MWC. It's Boise and SDSU and BYU that have to find western partners. Col. State/Fresno/SJSU...what a clusterfluck.

I didn't include UConn in the above, because it's way too close to christmas to kill myself.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
BYU didn't say anything because they know that once UConn or (especially) Louisville leave, they might as well grab Boise St and SDSU and get into the MWC again.

Reaction Score
just means ... we are going to see more Western Universities

Reaction Score
Can't believe Tulane/ECU didn't sweeten the pot for them.

Maybe if Aresco tosses in Tulsa & Marshall........

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Can't believe Tulane/ECU didn't sweeten the pot for them.

Maybe if we Aresco tosses in Tulsa & Marshall........

those 2 are locks for the big east already

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wants B12 invite or P10

BYU has declined informal invitations to both leagues. I would be surprised if the Big East ever actually issued an invitation to BYU. I think this tweet is BYU's way of leaking that they wouldn't join the Big East even if the Big East did invite them, which is par for the course with BYU, and why they are not in a league right now. They are a monster pain in the butt for any league to deal with. The MWC schools hate BYU, and the Big 12 and Pac 12 are fed up. Of course, if BYU wanted to re-engage discussions, the Big 12, MWC and Big East would all return calls immediately. I think the Pac 12 learned its lesson.

Reaction Score
BYU=monumental pain in the (pick body part). I do have fond memories of the summer of '66 in Reno when I lived with a lapsed Mormon dropout from BYU. She was on her way to SF but ran out of money in Reno and ran in to me (poor thing). I spent the summer working in my uncle's law office learning that I never ever wanted to do family law or send my children to BYU or have anything to do with that august institution. Girl got my apartment when I left for NC in late August and last I heard was going to Univ. of Nevada and seeing some guy on the basketball team.

Reaction Score
BYU has declined informal invitations to both leagues. I would be surprised if the Big East ever actually issued an invitation to BYU. I think this tweet is BYU's way of leaking that they wouldn't join the Big East even if the Big East did invite them, which is par for the course with BYU, and why they are not in a league right now. They are a monster pain in the butt for any league to deal with. The MWC schools hate BYU, and the Big 12 and Pac 12 are fed up. Of course, if BYU wanted to re-engage discussions, the Big 12, MWC and Big East would all return calls immediately. I think the Pac 12 learned its lesson.

murphsturph 3:37pm via TweetDeck
Aresco says no invitation was offered to BYU. Says TV negotiations were halted when Rutgers left, but will pick up soon.

Reaction Score
at this point my socks wouldn't accept an invite to the BE.

Reaction Score
I do have fond memories of the summer of '66 in Reno when I lived with a lapsed Mormon dropout from BYU. She was on her way to SF but ran out of money in Reno and ran in to me (poor thing). I spent the summer working in my uncle's law office learning that I never ever wanted to do family law or send my children to BYU or have anything to do with that august institution. Girl got my apartment when I left for NC in late August and last I heard was going to Univ. of Nevada and seeing some guy on the basketball team.

Finally. News I can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104