Investigation into gender disparities finds NCAA 'significantly' undervalues women's basketball | The Boneyard

Investigation into gender disparities finds NCAA 'significantly' undervalues women's basketball

Reaction Score
I’d like to read the women’s report but I can’t make out the hieroglyphics on the stone tablets. The men’s report is easy to access though. :)

Reaction Score
I’d like to read the women’s report but I can’t make out the hieroglyphics on the stone tablets. The men’s report is easy to access though. :)
The athletic has the report and recommendations. They say the women's tournament by 2025 should be worth 81 to 112 million as a stand alone tournament. Right now it's included with 28 other NCAA tournaments which ESPN pays 29 million. Another case where underpaid.

Reaction Score
From The Hill article

"The law firm specifically noted that as part of the NCAA’s agreement with CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Turner Broadcasting System Inc., the networks are required to pay an average of nearly $1.1 billion annually for the 2024-2032 period to air the Division I men’s basketball championship.

On the other hand, the NCAA is allowing ESPN to broadcast 29 championships, including Division I women’s basketball, for just $34 million per year.

However, the law firm said that based on analysis led by media and marketing expert Ed Desser, the true value for the annual broadcast rights to women’s basketball alone should be between $81 million and $112 million in 2025."

Report finds NCAA undervalued women's tournament, prioritizes men's basketball

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score

They already tried that some years back when the both Final Fours were held in Seattle. It was a disaster for the women as all the attention was on the men and the women did not even sell out their arena which was lest than half the capacity of the men's venue.

The women are doing just fine. Leave it alone and it will continue to grow as it has been.

Reaction Score
They already tried that some years back when the both Final Fours were held in Seattle. It was a disaster for the women as all the attention was on the men and the women did not even sell out their arena which was lest than half the capacity of the men's venue.

The women are doing just fine. Leave it alone and it will continue to grow as it has been.

So Sayeth Geno:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Just clean up the facility disparity for things like gyms in warm-up rooms, actually promote the event the way you promote the men’s event, including getting rid of the ridiculous prohibition against using March Madness and let it continue to grow. Putting it in the same city only makes for greater demands for hotel rooms and facilities. And for gods sake‘s don’t make the mistake they made with BCS ball games and tie a lesser game two the championship ticket. That resulted in the second game being dumped on the open market and killed the profitability of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom