Interview With Stanford Coach Tara Vanderveer | The Boneyard

Interview With Stanford Coach Tara Vanderveer

Reaction Score
I was sucked in by the Teaser---Geno's retirement mentioned.
One line--along with 4 ladies in their 60;s . She only said she wouldn't be first to retire. I wonder if she still jumps in the pond with the pollywogs or does 2 on 2 full court since her mentor said--you'll never be a good teacher unless you get in the water with them. Nice at 20, not at 63.

Reaction Score
One line--along with 4 ladies in their 60;s . She only said she wouldn't be first to retire. I wonder if she still jumps in the pond with the pollywogs or does 2 on 2 full court since her mentor said--you'll never be a good teacher unless you get in the water with them. Nice at 20, not at 63.

Yes..........my tease line got you!!!!

Reaction Score
Regarding whether Geno or Tara gets the all-time wins record (at least for the next few decades), it all comes down to who retires first. Sounds like Tara is committed to outlast the G-man. For his legacy's sake I hope Geno starts paying more attention to his health - starting with the pot belly, heh heh.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
As a long time women's basketball fan I'm happy Tara is reaching the 1000 win club. It's an exclusive group.

Being that long time basketball fan I find it ver my intriguing that she could/may get it against a former PAC 12 great Cynthia Cooper. I think if you told me that 20 years ago I'm not sure I would have believed it.

Congrats Tara!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom