Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The weekend line up:
Friday
Philadelphia Union v Crystal Palace 7pm
Sacramento Republic (USL Pro League) v West Brom 7:30pm

Saturday
Man U v Roma 4pm (Champions Cup)
Real Madrid v Inter Milan 6pm (Champions a Cup)
DC United v Fulham 6pm
NY Red Bulls v Arsenal 5pm
Chicago Fire v Tottenham 8pm
Houston Dynamo v Aston Villa 9pm

Sunday
AC Milan v Man City 4pm (Champions Cup)
Liverpool v Olympiakos 5pm (Champions Cup)
San Jose Eathquakes v Atletico Madrid 7pm

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Saturday
DC United v Fulham 6pm
NY Red Bulls v Arsenal 6pm
My tickets say 5:00.

A lot of the Champions Cup (Guinness Cup) games are on TV.
http://internationalchampionscup.com/schedule/tv_schedule/

Arsenal and Tottenham games are on ESPN2 and ESPN respectively, I believe.

Reaction Score
Red Bulls and Arsenal will be interesting because Zelalem is going to play. Supposedly he started the process of getting a US Passport.

Reaction Score
Got some free tickets to see an open training session for ManU/Roma tonight in Denver, so going to check that out. Tickets for the actual game were just too pricey for a glorified scrimmage.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Red Bulls and Arsenal will be interesting because Zelalem is going to play. Supposedly he started the process of getting a US Passport.
You'll like this one. Maybe Zelalem has an NBA career?

Reaction Score
The weekend line up:
Friday
Philadelphia Union v Crystal Palace 7pm
Sacramento Republic (USL Pro League) v West Brom 7:30pm

Saturday
DC United v Fulham 6pm
NY Red Bulls v Arsenal 6pm

Sunday
AC Milan v Man City 4pm (Champions Cup)
Liverpool v Olympiakos 5pm (Champions Cup)
San Jose Eathquakes v Atletico Madrid 7pm

Friendlies can be weird. Did not expect Olympiakos to beat AC Milan so handily, 3-0, last night Thursday. Yikes!

Reaction Score
Friendlies can be weird. Did not expect Olympiakos to beat AC Milan so handily, 3-0, last night Thursday. Yikes!
Bouchalakis' goal to go up 3-0 was a blast! 30-35 yards out, perfectly placed in top corner. Tried to link the Fox Soccer video of it, but not able to.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bouchalakis' goal to go up 3-0 was a blast! 30-35 yards out, perfectly placed in top corner. Tried to link the Fox Soccer video of it, but not able to.
It was a great shot, on replay. When I saw it live, I thought what poor goalkeeping. Then on the replay, it was like, ohhh, ok.

Reaction Score
Ya, same. First glance I thought it was on the GK (who was definitely surprised by the shot, and probably a step or two too far off his line), but watching the replay showed how perfectly placed it was.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Red Bulls looking good so far.
I was at the game. The game itself was meh. But the atmosphere was awesome, for an Arsenal fan anyway. Riding the PATH train over to Harrison, it was packed with Arsenal fans, singing, chanting. Sat in the Supporter groups end of the stadium. Lots of singing and chanting. Everyone in Red. Got a picture of the FA cup on the way into the stadium. Real good time overall.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. The game itself was meh. But the atmosphere was awesome, for an Arsenal fan anyway. Riding the PATH train over to Harrison, it was packed with Arsenal fans, singing, chanting. Sat in the Supporter groups end of the stadium. Lots of singing and chanting. Everyone in Red. Got a picture of the FA cup on the way into the stadium. Real good time overall.

That stadium looked good. Arsenal fans dominated that game. 1st half was good, second half looked experimental.

Reaction Score
FYI – Bayren Munich is in town today and looks like the team is doing a photo shot on Pier C in Hoboken. I did read in the news that Bayren has opened an official office in NYC. Maybe they can sublease some space to UConn? After all, UConn has some experience in making a name for itself in the world’s most important medial city.

Reaction Score
A full 110,000 at Michigan's Big House for ManU's 3-1 win over Real Madrid. In their new Chevrolet kits too.

Heckuva job by whoever marketed that one - filling up that stadium for essentially a preseason scrimmage.

Reaction Score
A full 110,000 at Michigan's Big House for ManU's 3-1 win over Real Madrid. In their new Chevrolet kits too.

Heckuva job by whoever marketed that one - filling up that stadium for essentially a preseason scrimmage.
Absolutely. That was an impressive turnout and an entertaining game to boot.

Reaction Score
FYI – Bayren Munich is in town today and looks like the team is doing a photo shot on Pier C in Hoboken. I did read in the news that Bayren has opened an official office in NYC. Maybe they can sublease some space to UConn? After all, UConn has some experience in making a name for itself in the world’s most important medial city.

Can anyone tell me why they are called Bayern Munich? Shouldn't they be Bavaria Munich? Or alternately Bayern Munchen?

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me why they are called Bayern Munich? Shouldn't they be Bavaria Munich? Or alternately Bayern Munchen?
They are Bayern München in Germany. It's in the English speaking countries they're referred to as Munich.

Reaction Score
Ya, van Gaal is going to fit in just fine there.

Watching the replay. For a temporary field it's pretty good. Van Gaal should just STFU, he's done nothing but complain on this trip. It's like he'd rather do preseason in the European Low Countries playing in front of a bunch fat, chain smoking Belgians and Dutchmen.

Reaction Score
They are Bayern München in Germany. It's in the English speaking countries they're referred to as Munich.

And under other circumstances they are referred to as the German National team.

Reaction Score

Well, do have a history of successful Germans on our teams. We can help them with NYC, and they can help us bolster our German pipeline for soccer and basketball.

Reaction Score

Right, I get that. But Bayern in English is Bavaria.

Reaction Score
Right, I get that. But Bayern in English is Bavaria.
Then, I don't know. I thought in your post...
... you had it correct with suggesting Bayern Munchen, which is what's on their patch. Beyond that, no clue why it didn't translate to Bavaria from Bayern. Perhaps one of our German boneyard residence can enlighten us.
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger