Interesting WCBB experiment on cable channel FS2 | The Boneyard

Interesting WCBB experiment on cable channel FS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seton Hall vs St. Johns currently being shown on FS2. No commercials and both coaches are completely miked up (curses and all) as well as full access to coach huddles.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Seton Hall vs St. Johns currently being shown on FS2. No commercials and both coaches are completely miked up (curses and all) as well as full access to coach huddles.

Thank you for reminding me of this. I was watching the two Pac-12 contests, but this is an experiment I want to witness.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I had to switch back to Stanford/ASU

The coaches are talking/screaming over each other and I can't hear the announcers at all. Lachina Robinson is always a pleasure to hear call a game but it's impossible!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seton Hall coach Tony Bozella on the sidelines is worth the price of admission.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had to switch back to Stanford/ASU

The coaches are talking/screaming over each other and I can't hear the announcers at all. Lachina Robinson is always a pleasure to hear call a game but it's impossible!

You get used to it and the announcers are interactively commenting on the coach moves, comments etc. I think this is alot of fun

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They will follow the teams into the half time locker rooms for strategy. Full mike up

Plebe

Reaction Score
Seton Hall coach Tony Bozella on the sidelines is worth the price of admission.

Oh man, that guy stresses me out. He spent a solid 5 minutes late in the 2nd quarter screaming his head off at the refs. During a dead ball he barked, "I'm glad I'm mic'd up because this stinks!"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very interesting half time differences

1) Home team (SH) has beautiful locker room while visiting locker room (St. Johns) is a hole in the wall :eek:

2) Seton Hall coaches by committee and seems to be pretty interactive. St. Johns. Coach talks. Players stare into the air. (Just like my classroom) :rolleyes:

Still St Johns is ranked alot high and Massey says a 12 pt win away. But 31 to 31 at half time so fun game beyonf the experiment

Plebe

Reaction Score
Very interesting half time differences

1) Home team (SH) has beautiful locker room while visiting locker room (St. Johns) is a hole in the wall :eek:

2) Seton Hall coaches by committee and seems to be pretty interactive. St. Johns. Coach talks. Players stare into the air. (Just like my classroom) :rolleyes:

Still St Johns is ranked alot high and Massey says a 12 pt win away. But 31 to 31 at half time so fun game beyonf the experiment

You aren't kidding. That visitors' locker room was more like a jail cell.

I love what LaChina just said, in the break between quarters: "Tony Bozzella is telling his players to relax, while he himself is very ... not relaxed."

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I switched back. It's better now than the beginning. These coaches are entertaining.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
These refs are horrible. No wonder the coaches are going nuts.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Is one of St. John's play calls "UCONN"?? Sure sounds like it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I swear the St Johns coach keeps saying UConn (some play?). Am I hallucinating?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I swear the St Johns coach keeps saying UConn (some play?). Am I hallucinating?

Ok. confirmation from 2 BYers

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is one of St. John's play calls "UCONN"?? Sure sounds like it.

That's what it sounded like. Of course, I guess it could be "Yukon."

Tartamella called out another play called "Knicks."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice post game interview with SH coach Bozella (SH won 64-59). How he keeps his voice, I do not know.

I like LaChyna. I also thought the camera work was good.

They went into both the winning (like New Years) and losing locker room. This all access is cool. Hope they dont go into the showers. :rolleyes:

Also nice they don't end the broadcast quickly and toss out the WBB game for something else. I am a fan. Will look for other games like this in future.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nice post game interview with SH coach Bozella (SH won 64-59). How he keeps his voice, I do not know.

I like LaChyna. I also thought the camera work was good.

They went into both the winning (like New Years) and losing locker room. This all access is cool. Hope they dont go into the showers. :rolleyes:

Also nice they don't end the broadcast quickly and toss out the WBB game for something else. I am a fan. Will look for other games like this in future.

I must say, I found it very entertaining. Bozzella stresses me out, but I was never a fan of the scream-your-head-off school of coaching.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I must say, I found it very entertaining. Bozzella stresses me out, but I was never a fan of the scream-your-head-off school of coaching.

I agree. I cant understand how the players just don't tune out completely. He does coach by committee so maybe that helps
deliver the messages and when they win, they definitely celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom