Interesting transaction in the paper today. | The Boneyard

Interesting transaction in the paper today.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I apologize for the image quality. Sent to me from my Dad’s flip phone.
D1E08FF9-3216-464B-8881-BD64A9B66B97.jpeg

Reaction Score
I guess this doesn't come as a surprise. Sad that it came to this. There was a day when he was on top of the world and appeared to be UConn's coach forever. I hope this coincides with a new opportunity for him.

Reaction Score
was he a great coach or was it calhoun’s players tho?????

He was a great coach with Calhoun's guys, then his personal life fell apart.

Best of luck to KO where ever he lands. That 2014 season will go down in history as one of the best runs EVER

This is what happens when you ban us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's not turn this into another review of what some liked or disliked about Ollie. He held the team together in 2012-13 and won it all the next year. Then, for whatever reason it all fell apart. Many believe it was the divorce that blew him away. He's human, and didn't suddenly get stupid, and he's not in the picture anymore.
He's probably selling his house because he's divorced and his kids are in college. Leave him alone and let him get on with his life.

Reaction Score
A 2.5 million dollar house in Glastonbury is a mansion. We have to hope his daughter doesn’t have to go to a shelter just to finish her schooling.

C

Chief00

The best thing KO can do for now is move away from his attorneys/PR Reps who keep compounding this mess. He won’t be able to get what he could have gotten earlier (maybe $3M) but perhaps UConn will give him a million to close the book.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The best thing KO can do for now is move away from his attorneys/PR Reps who keep compounding this mess. He won’t be able to get what he could have gotten earlier (maybe $3M) but perhaps UConn will give him a million to close the book.
Agree with this largely, except at this point it may not be worth million to UConn anymore.

C

Chief00

Agree with this largely, except at this point it may not be worth million to UConn anymore.
You are probably right. Would they settle for $250,000?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

That’s a drop in the bucket for PR services.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are probably right. Would they settle for $250,000?
Possibly. KO's representation's best negotiating point was the threat of making this a PR problem for UConn. The problem with playing a trump card is that it isn't no longer in your hand to play again.
That’s a drop in the bucket for PR services.
Yep, but what value does settling with KO convey at this point? It doesn't take away the six months of bad PR. It doesn't create good PR.

The settlement value of the suit at this point seems like litigation cost to me. It was worth substantially more earlier in the process.

the Q

Reaction Score
Possibly. KO's representation's best negotiating point was the threat of making this a PR problem for UConn. The problem with playing a trump card is that it isn't no longer in your hand to play again.

Yep, but what value does settling with KO convey at this point? It doesn't take away the six months of bad PR. It doesn't create good PR.

The settlement value of the suit at this point seems like litigation cost to me. It was worth substantially more earlier in the process.

Just having people stop talking about it entirely cause it’s over.

But yeah I’m not sure exactly how much that’s worth anymore. But that’s why I’m not C suite level lol

the Q

Reaction Score

Yes true. Not sure how much litigation is left either. I’d say it’s eaisly worth the 250, but beyond that is less clear.

Reaction Score
Regardless of all the talk about Ollie now, He played the game and bled blue all the time and he was proud to be head coach. the divorce, I am sure threw everything off the rails. It has a strong mental effect on anybody in that situation. He was never the same coach after that. What else could have caused all the strange maneuvers after that?

Reaction Score

Has the gag order been lifted? You sure you should be talking about this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom