Interesting Take By Geno | The Boneyard

Interesting Take By Geno

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
He should know. I have never thought about this angle on recruiting before.

"With two minutes left, freshman Mikayla Coombs made a steal and could have gone in for the easy layup. Instead she gave the ball up to classmate Lexi Gordon, who netted the first points of her career. Then on the next possession, Coombs converted her first 3-pointer at UConn off a pass from Batouly Camara.

"That's a trademark of a lot of really good teams and it's been a trademark of our best teams over the years," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "We are unselfish. We make plays for each other. We make some hustle plays. We get a sense of enjoyment out of making the extra pass. Those examples are just part of it, whether it's Gabby hustling when the game is decided, or Mikayla giving the ball up, Batouly kicking it out instead of shooting it ... Those are things we've come to expect from our team and it's a big reason some of the kids we do get come to Connecticut."

Samuelson, Williams lead UConn's 96-35 rout over ECU

I would not have thought it would be influential for recruits, which goes to show how shallow my thinking is ... I guess. I was absolutely impressed by the freshman sharing that went on - impressed Lou on the bench too.

Reaction Score
At the time I thought how big the monkey must have been on Lexi's back - "Am I EVER going to score my first points". I'm sure MC was aware of the feeling. They help each other now & they will for the next 3 1/2 years. Great to see. No-one cheers harder for her teammates than Lou. They all seem to genuinely love the game being played the way it's meant to be played - with the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Batouly and Mikayla get mentioned in the same sentence as the great Gabby Williams. Nice!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom