Interesting piece from 538 for conference realignment enthusiasts | The Boneyard

Interesting piece from 538 for conference realignment enthusiasts

Reaction Score
tied with Cincy and K st but we beat BCU!

Surprised we rated so low in terms of market.

Thank the lord for the BE. I only wish we'd joined sooner.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We were the second fastest team to go from FCS to ranked.
And there are still many teams that have never played in a BCS game.
Yep, but that’s not the current narrative. The current narrative is we suck. Hopefully a change begins today.

CL82

Reaction Score
How do we get at five in national championships. I’m pretty sure we have 23 overall and 22 NCAA. Even if you’re only talking men’s sports it should be six, two for soccer, four for men’s basketball.

Reaction Score
How do we get at five in national championships. I’m pretty sure we have 23 overall and 22 NCAA. Even if you’re only talking men’s sports it should be six, two for soccer, four for men’s basketball.
It's a value derived from a ranking. So we're likely in the 50th percentile of teams in the sample in total NCAA championships. Or something similar to that. The data has us at 22. Stanford has 131, USC and UCLA in the 100+ as well. All the categories are similarly derived and then arbitrarily weighted. But it all looks pretty reasonable to me.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's a value derived from a ranking. So we're likely in the 50th percentile of teams in the sample in total NCAA championships. Or something similar to that. The data has us at 22. Stanford has 131, USC and UCLA in the 100+ as well. All the categories are similarly derived and then arbitrarily weighted. But it all looks pretty reasonable to me.
Yeah, I figured that out after the fact. I had a moment of a 20 to natties times three that puts us at 66 right there! We’re a lock! And then… oh.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
tied with Cincy and K st but we beat BCU!

Surprised we rated so low in terms of market.

Thank the lord for the BE. I only wish we'd joined sooner.
They didn’t count basketball in the market category, just football. It’s TV ratings based, not local market size (which admittedly is mostly irrelevant now). I think that’s illogical really. KU ranked terribly in market too, despite being a well known brand nationally.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lol UConn got a 0 in both historical and recent football success. It's hilarious they made it 0 and not 1.
They should have waited for today’s game.
video GIF

Reaction Score
UConn is playing well. I am looking forward to some fun times at the Rent this season. We have some players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom