Interesting offensive line movement | The Boneyard

Interesting offensive line movement

Reaction Score
From today's Courant article reading between the lines. Once potential scenario has Tommy Hopkins 6-6, 311 at right offenive tackle and Robert Holmes 6-3, 351 at right guard.

The line could be vastly different than what we expect.

Reaction Score
Usual Question At UConn: Can Offensive Line Offer Any Protection?

>>Junior center Ryan Crozier returns after missing the spring while injured. Senior Trey Rutherford is in the mix at left guard after bouncing around last season. Matt Peart spent all of last season at left tackle as a redshirt freshman. There is a chance a couple true freshman could make an impact on this year's line.

Robert Holmes, who has been working at right guard, is an intriguing prospect at 6 feet 3, 351 pounds, though like several players he has been asked to lose weight. The depth at each position could be filled out by inexperienced players. That can be tricky.

"You don't just say, 'Hey, I play on the offensive line,' and then you're a great offensive lineman," Grimes said. "You don't just throw them in the grease and fry them up and use them. You've got to put them in the oven and bake them a while."<<

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Usual Question At UConn: Can Offensive Line Offer Any Protection?

>>Junior center Ryan Crozier returns after missing the spring while injured. Senior Trey Rutherford is in the mix at left guard after bouncing around last season. Matt Peart spent all of last season at left tackle as a redshirt freshman. There is a chance a couple true freshman could make an impact on this year's line.

Robert Holmes, who has been working at right guard, is an intriguing prospect at 6 feet 3, 351 pounds, though like several players he has been asked to lose weight. The depth at each position could be filled out by inexperienced players. That can be tricky.

"You don't just say, 'Hey, I play on the offensive line,' and then you're a great offensive lineman," Grimes said. "You don't just throw them in the grease and fry them up and use them. You've got to put them in the oven and bake them a while."<<

Read this aloud in a Micky from Rocky voice. Amazing.

Reaction Score
I'm liking the line that brings back the memories of how JC's basketball teams always got better as the season went on. Not counting the year the star studded team predicted to make the finals crapped out early. ;) :(
"We'll get them better, fundamentally. If we stay healthy, we'll be better in game four than we are in game one, and we'll be better in game eight than we were in game four."
If we stay healthy the main factor as usual....Here's hoping they give us a good show early and are showing improvement by game four. The same goes for where they are at by game eight, Missouri. Really hope the situation has developed by game eleven. Would love nothing more than to kick BC's butt in what should be our home game after last years Diaco debacle. I hope the team gets rolling and generates interest enough to have more UConn fans at Fenway than BC....

Sad that the last three games are all away but then again should we make it the fourth would be the same. :D

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From today's Courant article reading between the lines. Once potential scenario has Tommy Hopkins 6-6, 311 at right offenive tackle and Robert Holmes 6-3, 351 at right guard.

Does Holmes weigh 351 or 251? (roster lists him @ 251)

Reaction Score
Since there are no 251 pound offensive guards....

Th worse typo on a roster I have ever seen, the Washington, DC summer college basketball league once listed Dikemba (?) Mutumbo at 6-1. He led the league in blocked shots.

Reaction Score
headshots_27141.png

J.B. Holmes - Official PGA TOUR Profile

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Are fish cakes fried or baked?

C'mon. You know that thought jumped into your head.

I've never touched a fish cake.

Crab cakes are sauteed on a skillet or flat iron.

Reaction Score

This particular case could very well be a typo.

However ... reported weights during RE1.0 were not always accurate. Was that intentional? I have no idea ... but I do know reported weights could be off by as much as 30 pounds. Reacting to reported weights may not always be very productive.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Since there are no 251 pound offensive guards....

Th worse typo on a roster I have ever seen, the Washington, DC summer college basketball league once listed Dikemba (?) Mutumbo at 6-1. He led the league in blocked shots.
True, in this day any age a 251 lb lineman would be a rarity but there have been more than a few (especially with RE) who came in ~250 or so as true freshman and by the time they made it to the field were 40-50 lbs heavier.

Reaction Score
True, in this day any age a 251 lb lineman would be a rarity but there have been more than a few (especially with RE) who came in ~250 or so as true freshman and by the time they made it to the field were 40-50 lbs heavier.

Unless he lost 80 pounds since February....

Robert Holmes OL 6-5 330 Oxbridge Academy

Reaction Score

See Peart listed as 6'3, 351#. I think both numbers are way off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom