Interesting Number One Overall Seed Fact... | The Boneyard

Interesting Number One Overall Seed Fact...

Reaction Score
Per this link, the team ranked the overall #1 seed has the opportunity to select its preferred first and second round site and preferred region:
If UCONN isn't the #1 overall, is there any coach or AD sick enough or affraid enough to pick the Brooklyn and the East to spite UCONN?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Per this link, the team ranked the overall #1 seed has the opportunity to select its preferred first and second round site and preferred region:
If UCONN isn't the #1 overall, is there any coach or AD sick enough or affraid enough to pick the Brooklyn and the East to spite UCONN?

Unless it would benefit them to be in the east, they’d be stupid to do it otherwise

Reaction Score
Is that new? Because I feel like I haven't heard about the geographic selection rule before this year.

I doubt that #1 overall, say Houston or Purdue, would pick Boston and give up their own advantage just to spite us. What if they end up with Duke as their #2 (who have a lot of NYC-area alums)?

Picking Brooklyn actually wouldn't deny us because there are two pods per site, and they would absolutely give us the other one.

Reaction Score
I don't think this will come into play this year, but in the future, a North Carolina team might very well prefer to play in NYC than in Dallas (which is the site of this year's southern regional).

Reaction Score
I wouldn't suggest that they put us in the West either if they were trying to Eph us.

Reaction Score
Is that new? Because I feel like I haven't heard about the geographic selection rule before this year.

I doubt that #1 overall, say Houston or Purdue, would pick Boston and give up their own advantage just to spite us. What if they end up with Duke as their #2 (who have a lot of NYC-area alums)?

Picking Brooklyn actually wouldn't deny us because there are two pods per site, and they would absolutely give us the other one.
Talk about giving the team something to play for to close out the season and BET!

Reaction Score

Money talks. You pick the site(s) that are easiest for your big money boosters to get to.

Reaction Score
I could be missing something but I don't think this applies to Boston. The way I interpret 1st and 2nd round sites is the Friday/Sunday site, not the first and second weekends

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I don't think Houston or Purdue want to play in NYC or Boston, they just like us want the best chance to get to the final 4

Reaction Score
I could be missing something but I don't think this applies to Boston. The way I interpret 1st and 2nd round sites is the Friday/Sunday site, not the first and second weekends
It also says their preferred region. So they could prefer the East Region. They wont but they could.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom