Interesting Info | The Boneyard

Interesting Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I ran into a friend of mine yesterday who played hockey at UCONN from 96-00 (he was a co-captain his Sr year). We were talking about HE and the team..and he said that he gets emails about what is going on with the program (he also said he was born 15 yrs too late so he could be on the team for the first HE season..LOL). I thought that the fact alumni are getting program info emailed to them was a really good move.

Reaction Score
That's a very BC-esque thing to do, York is the type to keep in close touch with his alums, so that sounds like it has Cav's handprints all over it. BC's not the only one that does it, but the connection is obvious. Either way, a good move for the program to keep everyone involved.

Reaction Score
... a good move for the program to keep everyone involved.
Previously, UCONN-coordinated alumni email communications might not have happened as much with Huskies' hockey as other sports. However, it's certainly been a big part of keeping alumni of other sports looped in on team events, progress, etc. Think former baseball coach, Andy Baylock, now running football alumni and community relations. Beyond appropriately enhanced alumni communications, it might not be the worst way of facilitating some prospective new arena donations.

Reaction Score
Doesn't every college do this with all sports? Surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom