interesting Husky factoid | The Boneyard

interesting Husky factoid

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
the team has never lost a game where a player has had 10+ assists:
Women’s Basketball: 10+ Assist Games

but they HAVE lost a (one!) game when a player has had 20+ rebounds
Women’s Basketball: 20+ Rebound Games

and 30+ points:
Women’s Basketball: 30+ Point Games
again, one! game
This was interesting Bags. It makes sense, I think. A 10 assist game means that the ball is moving and you are getting easy baskets. Hard to picture that in a losing effort.

20 rebounds is an incredible night because you really need to be focused and working to rack up that many rebounds. I could see a situation where your your shots not dropping could inflate your rebounding numbers. I'm too lazy to look, but I wonder many of those were offensive? Also I can't remember who the opposing center was. Clearly Kara had a great game regardless.

A thirty point game is outstanding but could be a sign that one player is carrying the team's offense. In this case Maya had a huge game but it wasn't quite enough.

Good post and thanks to Husky games crew for putting this all together.

@tcf15

Reaction Score
To be honest, I didn't include any games prior to 93/94 because I don't think we'll ever get any copies of those games. But, there were a few more 30+ point games, 20+ rebound games, and 10+ assist games that are not on that list. Full list attached to this post.

Attachments

• Single Game Milestones.pdf
    762.3 KB · Views: 65
Reaction Score
To be honest, I didn't include any games prior to 93/94 because I don't think we'll ever get any copies of those games. But, there were a few more 30+ point games, 20+ rebound games, and 10+ assist games that are not on that list. Full list attached to this post.
Nice list. Through 2015-16 season.

2016-17 seasons numbers include the following who made the club:

Gabby 10 assists v. DePaul

Kia 33 points v. DePaul

KLS 34 points v. Tulsa

KLS 32 points. v. Tulane

Gabby 10 assists v. East Carolina

Phees 31 points v. Temple

Phees 39 points v. South Florida

KLS 40 points v. South Florida

Based on a quick review of the list, the 2016-17 team is by far the team with the number of times a milestone was met in the same season (8; next closest is 5, I think). Have not checked, but would be interested to see if pre-2016-17 more than one player made the club in the same game. Gabby (assists) and Kia (points) did it against DePaul.

Four different players from 2016-17 team (Gabby, Kia, Phees, and KLS) made the club in the same season, tied for most players on a team to do it in one season (2014--Moriah, Bria, Stewie, KML).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom