Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Duke vs A&M 1 PM on the SEC Network
ND vs Kansas 1 PM on ESPN3
Lady Vols vs Texas 6:30 on Fox Sports 1
UConn vs Green Bay 8:30 SNY & ESPN3

Besides the UConn game, really interested in the results of the Duke vs A&M and Vols vs Texas.

I'm picking Duke, Texas & UConn to win today. ND will be a blowout win for ND

I'll watch the UConn game while keeping an eye on Denver vs Kansas City.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Elizabeth Williams is out for Duke, injured her ankle in Friday night's game.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
triaddukefan said:
Elizabeth Williams is out for Duke, injured her ankle in Friday night's game.

Poor Elizabeth. Seems like the young lady had an injury at some point every year in college :-/

Reaction Score
Poor Elizabeth. Seems like the young lady had an injury at some point every year in college :-/
Seems very true. Its believed this injury is fairly minor. Wouldn't be suprised if Coach P decided to sit her out to see how our young team deals with adversity.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Darn....... up 15 pts midway through the second half....... and lose :(

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Any word on the injury?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Calhoun and Johnson shoot 3-21 from the field..... our best player didnt play....... and we still should have won that game. Disappointed with the loss... but its not the end of the season.

Any word on the injury?

Injured ankle..... doesnt seem to be something that will keep her out of action for a long time. Not sure if she will play vs Nebraska... hope she will be back for South Carolina next Sunday. We will definitely need her in that game.

Reaction Score
Texas A&M just defeated Duke 63- 59. Duke gave it away in the last 5 minutes.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Should know better then to pick Duke when two teams are evenly matched. I thought Rebecca Greenwell would make a huge difference and they would win games like today. Shouldn't blow a 15 point lead with 9 minutes left with the scorers that Duke has. Then as expected in A&M's first huge game, Courtney Williams who was suspended indefinitely returns to play. She scored 21 points. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Then as expected in A&M's first huge game, Courtney Williams who was suspended indefinitely returns to play. She scored 21 points. :)

Williams actually returned the game before.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Should know better then to pick Duke when two teams are evenly matched. I thought Rebecca Greenwell would make a huge difference and they would win games like today. Shouldn't blow a 15 point lead with 9 minutes left with the scorers that Duke has. Then as expected in A&M's first huge game, Courtney Williams who was suspended indefinitely returns to play. She scored 21 points. :)

I know there are no Vegas lines in WCBB..... but no doubt TAMU would have been the favorites to win. No surprise that Courtney Williams was gonna be playing in this game

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
In my opinion Greenwell did make a difference and was the reason Duke was in this game. She had a great game and got it done on both sides of the court.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Williams was actually reinstated back in Prairie View game.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie was frustrated afterward from what she dubbed an "extremely physical" game, a line she repeated for emphasis.

"We just played a game where people got run over and it wasn't a foul," McCallie said.

Now she knows how Stewie feels ....

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not very interesting but Baylor over Marist, 90-60. Cohen leads the team in scoring for the second game in a row with 18 points and pulls down 9 rebounds. She is gonna be a good one! Small has also come back with a nice jumper this year and had 11 points. We could have used both of those super athletic players, at 6-2 and 6-0 against Kentucky.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie was frustrated afterward from what she dubbed an "extremely physical" game, a line she repeated for emphasis.

"We just played a game where people got run over and it wasn't a foul," McCallie said.

Bwah, bwah bwah......

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Wait until they play Louisville.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Rutgers routs Davidson 100-44 while shooting 57% from the floor. Can't wait until Thursday when we host UNC, should be a good one.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Texas A&M just defeated Duke 63- 59. Duke gave it away in the last 5 minutes.

Caught the last 10 minutes of the game. A&M is a dangerous team--I don't think they are going to blow out too many quality teams, but they aren't going to be blown out either. They play good defense and Williams is a great scorer, good mid range, can drive to the rim and is very smooth. Had 6 assists today, too. Williams and Walker make a great tandem for Texas A&M, wouldn't be surprised to see them win the SEC this year.

Duke just crumbled late today. They were beat by a quicker team. For the unique talent that Stevens has, she is not quick enough to guard small guards on the perimeter. Duke is going to dominate the glass against everyone they go up against, but their guard play isn't very strong. Greenwell is fantastic, but Johnson doesn't appear to be a smooth offensive player. They have no depth at the guard positions which I believe will be their shortcoming this year.

I watched about 10 minutes of Notre Dame-Kansas, nothing new to report. Loyd is fantastic, Mabrey was hitting shots today. Quiet afternoon for Turner who I could see struggling early on against quality posts (and she'll face some good ones in the ACC) since she isn't exceptionally smooth offensively, nor does she possess great hands for catching the ball in the paint. That said, she is so athletic and her upside is immeasurable. I think she'll be good this season but an absolute terror next season. Starters were benched not long into the 2nd half after they were up by 30-40.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Caught the last 10 minutes of the game. A&M is a dangerous team--I don't think they are going to blow out too many quality teams, but they aren't going to be blown out either. They play good defense and Williams is a great scorer, good mid range, can drive to the rim and is very smooth. Had 6 assists today, too. Williams and Walker make a great tandem for Texas A&M, wouldn't be surprised to see them win the SEC this year.

Duke just crumbled late today. They were beat by a quicker team. For the unique talent that Stevens has, she is not quick enough to guard small guards on the perimeter. Duke is going to dominate the glass against everyone they go up against, but their guard play isn't very strong. Greenwell is fantastic, but Johnson doesn't appear to be a smooth offensive player. They have no depth at the guard positions which I believe will be their shortcoming this year.

I watched about 10 minutes of Notre Dame-Kansas, nothing new to report. Loyd is fantastic, Mabrey was hitting shots today. Quiet afternoon for Turner who I could see struggling early on against quality posts (and she'll face some good ones in the ACC) since she isn't exceptionally smooth offensively, nor does she possess great hands for catching the ball in the paint. That said, she is so athletic and her upside is immeasurable. I think she'll be good this season but an absolute terror next season. Starters were benched not long into the 2nd half after they were up by 30-40.

Williams is one of my favorite players and I think one of the best in the nation. She has a long career ahead of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom