Interesting double double by Kaela Davis | The Boneyard

Interesting double double by Kaela Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sounds like Diamond stats. UNC is notorious for being loose with the ball, and Diamond fits that mold, especially as a frosh.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Diamond stats. UNC is notorious for being loose with the ball, and Diamond fits that mold, especially as a frosh.

I fail to see the correlation and the numbers don't lie.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I fail to see the correlation and the numbers don't lie.
I'm not sure what you mean. Both DeShields and the UNC team have more turnovers than assists.

That will change as they mature.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you mean. Both DeShields and the UNC team have more turnovers than assists.

That will change as they mature.

Your original post made no mention of assists to turnovers in the interesting double-double. I was questioning how Ms DeShields got into the conversation. Has she also achieved a similarly interesting double-double during the course of her freshman season? Are her turnover numbers grotesquely high? Upon what numbers is MilfordHusky basing his comment about Carolina's notoriety? To which UNC player(s) past or present does Ms DeShields compare that put s her into that mold? For all I know, MilfordHusky may have the numbers to back up his comment. In this case, I am respectfully challenging him to back up the comment. What happens far too often is that a comment gets thrown out there unchallenged and it gets accepted as truth and/or a distorted perception.

What is not distorted is that Carolina has more turnovers than assists. But what does that really mean in terms of Carolina's scheme?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Davis has 29 assists to 87 turnovers this season while DeShields has 63 assists/75 TO. Both are high turnover players on high turnover teams.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Davis has 29 assists to 87 turnovers this season while DeShields has 63 assists/75 TO. Both are high turnover players on high turnover teams.

Interestingly, Georgia Tech and North Carolina are ranked 249 and 250, respectively, among Div 1 teams in turnovers per game. Both are at 17.5 per game. Villanova is ranked #1 with 9 per game while UConn is #2 with 11 per game.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Stats are always what you make of them, and the Vol fans have a sad non-argumentive thread on their site about their team being a turnover machine even though the team's average at 17.1 is less than either GTech or UNC. But they are of course right and the Vols are worse off than the Bulldogs or the Heels because they play a much slower paced half-court based offense that averages about 5 less possessions per game than the other two. GTech and UNC's faster pace results in a few more turnovers in total but also a few more points a game.

The difference between the trio of top guards is a little more complex, with UNC's DeShields probably having the best stats for TOs if you consider that she has the most assists among herself, GTech's Davis, and UTenn's Simmons. The Vol has a few less TOs and has the best assist\TO margin, but also has taken far fewer shots (which would have seemed like a weird thing to be saying at one time). Davis is out there mainly to shoot, and her A\TO ratio of .33 is very not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom