Interesting Chart | The Boneyard

Interesting Chart

Reaction Score
We're $35mil in the red yearly. That's bad.

What I want to know is why are some of these P5 athletic departments, with the boatloads of money they have coming in, taxing their students to the extent that they are?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What I want to know is why are some of these P5 athletic departments, with the boatloads of money they have coming in, taxing their students to the extent that they are?

Because they are good at making money.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How is Rutgers subsidizing through students worse than we are? I thought they were printing money in the Big10.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How is Rutgers subsidizing through students worse than we are? I thought they were printing money in the Big10.
They haven't gotten there full share yet... and because they are Rutgers.

Reaction Score
There are some differences in use of the monies that is not captured by a chart...

On what the dollars captured on the chart may go for...some may go to support scholarship supported teams....and some is captured but supports other student activities.

For instance...at FSU, the university puts no money directly into the Athletic Department.

The students ARE assessed an Athletic Activity fee......this fee covers free tickets to football and basketball games (which does support the AD just as it would if the students purchased them directly), but it also supports a large menu of intramural athletic activities (including intramural sports fields including 25 sports fields for flag football, rec soccer, rugby, lacrosse..etc..and five softball fields), and student athletic amenities....gyms, olympic weight lifting facility, indoor basketball courts, racquetball courts, a tennis complex, swimming pools, bowling alley, golf course, etc

I think that a good portion of student activity fee monies, listed for schools on these charts as supporting "Athletics", probably does not go to the support of varsity teams.

Reaction Score
There are some differences in use of the monies that is not captured by a chart...

On what the dollars captured on the chart may go for...some may go to support scholarship supported teams....and some is captured but supports other student activities.

For instance...at FSU, the university puts no money directly into the Athletic Department.

The students ARE assessed an Athletic Activity fee.this fee covers free tickets to football and basketball games (which does support the AD just as it would if the students purchased them directly), but it also supports a large menu of intramural athletic activities (including intramural sports fields including 25 sports fields for flag football, rec soccer, rugby, lacrosse..etc..and five softball fields), and student athletic amenities....gyms, olympic weight lifting facility, indoor basketball courts, racquetball courts, a tennis complex, swimming pools, bowling alley, golf course, etc

I think that a good portion of student activity fee monies, listed for schools on these charts as supporting "Athletics", probably does not go to the support of varsity teams.

I believe this is correct and applies to UConn as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom