Interesting Article by Mike Anthony on Geno's thoughts of Sue's career and greater impact | The Boneyard

Interesting Article by Mike Anthony on Geno's thoughts of Sue's career and greater impact

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Some interesting tidbits on her UConn recruitment as well

This was a crucial recruiting period for UConn. Auriemma was targeting Bird, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones and Tamika Williams, ultimately landing every one of them — with Bird’s help, unbeknownst to him at the time. Counter to the personality she let Auriemma see, she became a recruiting ringleader, establishing relationships that motivated those players to want to play together in college.

I kid her to this day, ‘You acted like you were big-timing me, in my office pretending like you could take it or leave it. Meanwhile, I knew you were dying to come to UConn.’

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just for the record: Keirsten Walters was also a member of that recruiting class...I believe she was the first to verbal...maybe August before her senior year. Hampered by injuries throughout her career she could really play...splitting time with Sue at point guard early in their frosh year...then both got hurt. I thought Walters played a lot like
Jen Rizzotti. Hard to beat the talent and accomplishments of that class...Tamika Williams/Asjha Jones/Sue Bird/Swin Cash and Keirsten Walters....TASSK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom