Instead of posting weight lifting videos | The Boneyard

Instead of posting weight lifting videos

Reaction Score
The time would be better spent watching videos on how to tackle. Today there were 20-50 times we couldn't bring a guy down. If you add in the numbers of times that a Tulane offensive player made a cut or move and we couldn't get a hand on him, it's closer to the higher number.

Add in the number of times our offensive players missed a block and it's scary. Mensah almost got Cam Ross killed. Ross cut inside of what he thought was going to be a Mensah block but Mensah just stuck out his hands and the defender just knocked his hands down and destroyed Ross.

Time to go back to the "this is a football approach." Learn the fundamentals. Blocking and Tackling need to be taught.

Reaction Score
Tackling is terrible and how many times did their corners come up blow up the blocker and drop our back. Football players need to like contact.

Reaction Score
You can preach fundamentals and approach all you want, but it means little when you don’t even belong on the same field as the opposition from an athletic and physicality standpoint. If the JV team plays with absolutely perfect fundamentals and has a flawless “football approach” can they compete against the varsity squad who does the same?

Who on this defense can play? I know he’s young, but Travis Jones is not nearly as good as Fatukasi was in my opinion. I would still take him though. I like Morgan, but he cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Smallwood, Moore, Lawrence Wilson, Lutrus - those guys were players. Did Diamond Harrell even play today? Complete non factor, but I’d take him I guess. That is absolutely it. I expected more from Morgan. He is flat out too slow. Nostical told me to watch For Gilmartin to have a big day today. I don’t know why because I saw enough of Eddie Hahn last year.

I always got a chuckle over people getting hyped and optimistic about weight lifting videos..like uconn football is the only team that lifts.

Reaction Score
Or videos of what uniform and helmet combination they're wearing the next game. Seems like Paul and Fortt get rag dolled or juked out of their shoes every game. And the new linebackers are almost as bad as last year. Meanwhile Thompkins got picked up by the Tulane player like a child and probably saw his life flash before him.

Reaction Score
The time would be better spent watching videos on how to tackle. Today there were 20-50 times we couldn't bring a guy down. If you add in the numbers of times that a Tulane offensive player made a cut or move and we couldn't get a hand on him, it's closer to the higher number.

Add in the number of times our offensive players missed a block and it's scary. Mensah almost got Cam Ross killed. Ross cut inside of what he thought was going to be a Mensah block but Mensah just stuck out his hands and the defender just knocked his hands down and destroyed Ross.

Time to go back to the "this is a football approach." Learn the fundamentals. Blocking and Tackling need to be taught.

It's hilarious when I read posts like this.

There are people who still think we are trying.

Take a look around the entire athletic dept as a whole right now. If you dare. It's not a pretty picture. If Hurley doesn't pan out look out...

Reaction Score

There were some here preaching how good of a job Spanos did with the D after the Wagner game lol. 634 yards against Tulane..

Reaction Score
You can preach fundamentals and approach all you want, but it means little when you don’t even belong on the same field as the opposition from an athletic and physicality standpoint. If the JV team plays with absolutely perfect fundamentals and has a flawless “football approach” can they compete against the varsity squad who does the same?

Who on this defense can play? I know he’s young, but Travis Jones is not nearly as good as Fatukasi was in my opinion. I would still take him though. I like Morgan, but he cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Smallwood, Moore, Lawrence Wilson, Lutrus - those guys were players. Did Diamond Harrell even play today? Complete non factor, but I’d take him I guess. That is absolutely it. I expected more from Morgan. He is flat out too slow. Nostical told me to watch For Gilmartin to have a big day today. I don’t know why because I saw enough of Eddie Hahn last year.

I always got a chuckle over people getting hyped and optimistic about weight lifting videos..like uconn football is the only team that lifts.
Gilmartin is too small and too slow to play FBS let alone start. He’s at best a very good DIII/ mid level IAA backer. In fact there are better DIII linebackers out there and quite few better IAA LBs to be had.

There aren’t any real savages out there that want to go to war. It’s all do your job BS instead of attack, blow things up and make plays. If your gonna lose at least make then pay and earn it. There isn’t a tough character out in the field. Soft physically and mentally.

Reaction Score

This team is light years away from the physicality we were used to seeing when Edsall was here the first time.
Total team effort is missing.
This team should be st the point where the players should be holding other players more accountable. When playing this game, at some point you gotta think that somebody just steps up and speaks out. It should be a pride thing talked about while you go to war against the opponent, not wait till the season ends and let the coaches do everything.
This team seems to lack leadership wise.
Can't be upset with the fans for not showing up when you suck so bad that you forgot to show up yourselves.
Accountability on all fronts.
Some more of these players need to show up more. All we hear is how hard Mensah goes and that he's what coach looks for. Blah blah blah. I get that, but, I'm a little shocked that at least one of our QBs hasn't shown this type of leadership. You are the guy that commands the team. As you go the team goes.
We need guys that are seeing the field the most take a more prideful approach, take control of the locker room at half time, knowing we're getting pistol whipped out there and calling guys out who aren't going hard every play. Don't wait for Edsall to do any of that. Shut his a** up and take ownership of the situation right then and there. Man up. When you're on that football field you are going to war with your teammates, your brothers.
I don't see that at all. None of us see that, but, you see the results after halftime. Same lackluster . Yeah you give effort, but, we need to give that pay attention to detail, I learned from my mistakes type effort. When a football game Is only 60 minutes and we spend 50 of those 60 getting mollywhopped it cheapens any type of success we've had out there.
Being a UConn Football fan means a lot to me. I just hope these team gets its together, show a pulse, and gives it some life the remainder of the way. We're on life support right now.

Reaction Score
This team is light years away from the physicality we were used to seeing when Edsall was here the first time.
Total team effort is missing.
This team should be st the point where the players should be holding other players more accountable. When playing this game, at some point you gotta think that somebody just steps up and speaks out. It should be a pride thing talked about while you go to war against the opponent, not wait till the season ends and let the coaches do everything.
This team seems to lack leadership wise.
Can't be upset with the fans for not showing up when you suck so bad that you forgot to show up yourselves.
Accountability on all fronts.
Some more of these players need to show up more. All we hear is how hard Mensah goes and that he's what coach looks for. Blah blah blah. I get that, but, I'm a little shocked that at least one of our QBs hasn't shown this type of leadership. You are the guy that commands the team. As you go the team goes.
We need guys that are seeing the field the most take a more prideful approach, take control of the locker room at half time, knowing we're getting pistol whipped out there and calling guys out who aren't going hard every play. Don't wait for Edsall to do any of that. Shut his a** up and take ownership of the situation right then and there. Man up. When you're on that football field you are going to war with your teammates, your brothers.
I don't see that at all. None of us see that, but, you see the results after halftime. Same lackluster . Yeah you give effort, but, we need to give that pay attention to detail, I learned from my mistakes type effort. When a football game Is only 60 minutes and we spend 50 of those 60 getting mollywhopped it cheapens any type of success we've had out there.
Being a UConn Football fan means a lot to me. I just hope these team gets its together, show a pulse, and gives it some life the remainder of the way. We're on life support right now.

Exactly! Execution, leadership, accountability, play to win, crew cuts. Those are all aspects where Edsall has failed his players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom