Inside the Skip Holtz era of UConn Football (UConn Fastbreak) | The Boneyard

Inside the Skip Holtz era of UConn Football (UConn Fastbreak)

Reaction Score
Good read. Brings back some names from the past. I remember following them when they were in the playoffs. I was sad to see Holtz leave.

Reaction Score
He did? Did we ask him to stay for the transition to 1-A and he said no? I honestly don't remember. I know RE 1.0 started in 1999.

Reaction Score
He did? Did we ask him to stay for the transition to 1-A and he said no? I honestly don't remember. I know RE 1.0 started in 1999.
He left to go to South Carolina when his father Lou became coach. Skip's mother was dying of throat cancer so opportunity to be with the family. I sure as heck don't consider that quitting on UConn as Waquoit suggests. IMO, that was the only decision to make. She died June 30, 2020.

This is from Wikipedia.

On December 4, 1998, The University of South Carolina announced that Lou Holtz would serve as its next head football coach. Lou asked Skip if he would move down to Columbia to become his offensive coordinator—the same position Skip held during his final two years at Notre Dame. Skip accepted the offer, in part due to a desire to live closer to his parents and so his children could spend more time with their grandparents.[4] In 1996, Skip's mother, Beth, was diagnosed with throat cancer. Two years later, the cancer spread to her liver, lung, adrenal , and ovary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom