Injury Updates | The Boneyard

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@NeillOstrout: Omar Calhoun (knee) practiced today, Rodney Purvis (ankle) did not. Ryan Boatright (ankle) did, if there was any doubt.

Reaction Score
@NeillOstrout: Purvis is shooting around now after practice, for what it's worth.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We're all thinking it we just can't say it as a rule.

I know, I know. It's just becoming too obvious. You know that old saying about the toilet....

Reaction Score
Before people freak out about Purvis, read: http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/conditions/ailments-of-the-ankle/Pages/High-Ankle-Sprain.aspx

A high ankle sprain occurs when there is tearing and damage to the high ankle ligaments. These injuries are much less common than a traditional ankle sprain.

It's 3-6 weeks depending on the severity of the tear (in many cases, stretching the ligament is called a tear). Since Purvis is not in a walking boot, I'll assume it's not severe. Closer to 3 weeks than 6.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
For the entire 7 weeks or so that Omar has been injured, has he been quoted one time in the media?

Reaction Score
Amore: Rodney Purvis not ruling out playing Sunday, but high ankkle sprain needs more time. #UConn

Amore: Purvis, Calhoun not as likely to play, but will be game time decisions, Kevin Ollie said.

Reaction Score
Can't remember anything being posted here.
Just bizarre, Boat and Purvis sprain their ankles and we know within that week what they can and can't do, how they're limited, but another player is out nearly 2 months and he has a gag order.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Just bizarre, Boat and Purvis sprain their ankles and we know within that week what they can and can't do, how they're limited, but another player is out nearly 2 months and he has a gag order.
+ Ollie's quote about finding guys that want to play for each other and not for themselves.
+The talk of chemistry issues in the locker room

The current climate is much more 2012 than it is 2011 or 2014. A new test for KO.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Think Omar is going to transfer..... And save this year of eligibility..... but we'll see

Reaction Score
Amore's not dumb. He'd know the basics of what's going on. He has no reason to say "Basically, he's still working to build up to game speed/strength. (my read)" unless he thinks it's true.
this is so weird.

Reaction Score
No need to play Omar or Rodney Sunday, I hope neither plays, rest be ready for Duke.

Rodney should not have played against Yale.

Reaction Score
Then wouldn't last season have been the time to transfer?

That's what I don't get about all these rumors. I doubt anything has changed between now and last April. If anything, you would think he's more eager to get on the court this season - last year, we were able to overcome his tailspin because of Kromah and Giffey. This year, we're far less equipped to move forward without his shooting.

If the kid isn't playing right now, I would guess it's because he doesn't feel ready. He may have been medically cleared, but that doesn't magically absolve him from all the missed practice and training time. If there is one kid I'm comfortable giving discretion to in that regard, it's Omar. He was medically cleared last season but obviously not right at any point.

Reaction Score
Omar is waiting to hear back on second opinions with his injury. He doesn't want to come back prematurely and be ineffective a la last year with his hips. I've heard that with his hips there was an incorrect diagnosis from trainers which lead to him being brought back too early. He wants to make sure his injury is not a more severe tear and ruin anything he could salvage from this year.

H

huskymagic

No need to play Omar or Rodney Sunday, I hope neither plays, rest be ready for Duke.

Rodney should not have played against Yale.

Don't you worry Jerry Omar will be ready by the next presidential elections. Rodney's effort against Yale was almost like he wasn't even there so I wouldn't worry about him re-injuring anything except his psyche. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom