OT: - Inguinal Hernia Surgery | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Inguinal Hernia Surgery

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Checking in near the end of a long day.

I awakened in darkness, arrived at YNHH before 6, had successful surgery (so I'm told) after meeting at least a dozen doctors & nurses & others on my care team, was out of the building by 10:30, and back home for a restful day of food & sleep & Channel 13 after dark at my sister's.

So far, it's working to manage pain by alternating Tylenol & Advil in 6 hour shifts (I have Oxy in case), and after the hospital drugs wore off, it has only hurt when I sit down, stand up, lie down, roll or lean over, go to the bathroom, sneeze, blow my nose, or, ironically, engage my core like I usually do to make all of those other actions easier . A lot goes on in that neighborhood, and the caution I've gotten here that day 2 will feel worse than day 1 would seem to have a pretty clear logic to it.

And now to find out how bedtime goes. Probably stupid to have just eaten Ben & Jerry's Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz just now.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Checking in near the end of a long day.

I awakened in darkness, arrived at YNHH before 6, had successful surgery (so I'm told) after meeting at least a dozen doctors & nurses & others on my care team, was out of the building by 10:30, and back home for a restful day of food & sleep & Channel 13 after dark at my sister's.

So far, it's working to manage pain by alternating Tylenol & Advil in 6 hour shifts (I have Oxy in case), and after the hospital drugs wore off, it has only hurt when I sit down, stand up, lie down, roll or lean over, go to the bathroom, sneeze, blow my nose, or, ironically, engage my core like I usually do to make all of those other actions easier . A lot goes on in that neighborhood, and the caution I've gotten here that day 2 will feel worse than day 1 would seem to have a pretty clear logic to it.

And now to find out how bedtime goes. Probably stupid to have just eaten Ben & Jerry's Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz just now.
Happy to hear you are well along the road to recovery

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Happy to hear you are well along the road to recovery
Thanks.

I'd put pain level at 7 and indeed worse than yesterday, but still feeling OK enough w/the OTC meds.

So far, anything I wondered about whether I'd be able to do is nothing I'd want to do or could if I tried. It's that obvious. In fact, something as simple as bending over to lift the toilet seat is challenge enough, so I'm just leaving the seat up, even though I could lower & lift. Not worth the bother. No extra work today.

But I did get outside into sunshine & fresh air to stroll the condo grounds a bit, and used stairs up & down to do so. I think I'm doing well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom