Inglorious Basterds | The Boneyard

Inglorious Basterds

Reaction Score
So I'm on this Quentin Tarantino kick right now - watched Jackie Brown last week, and now I'm doing Inglorious Basterds. Gotta say that I fell asleep about mid-way through it - way too talky for me. I'll take it again tonight from the point where I was drowsing off. I do like the Brad Pitt character, primarly the way he says NAZIS. Other than that, "meh".

Reaction Score
Love that movie.

I'll have to finish it and then chime in again. I probably shouldn't have posted until I actually saw the entire movie. It's just not grabbing me like his other stuff though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is 3 great scenes that are not all that related with some other scenes attached. It is not really a coherent movie though. I almost think that Tarrantino came up with the scene in the basement bar and then tried to build a movie around it.

Reaction Score
You don't go to a Tarantino movie for the coherent and conventional narrative. You go for a good story, surprises and ridiculously enthralling dialogue. When you see the previews for this movie, you get suckered into thinking you are going to see Brad Pitt killing Nazis behind enemy lines. But that is barely a third of it.

I think his movies tap into some sort of primitive desire to see bad people do bad things to even worse people.

The casting in this movie is perfect. Casting Til Schweiger as Hugo Stiglitz was a stroke of genius and assured that it would be monstrous hit in Germany.

Tarantino has been using to his unabashed love for "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" to fuel hit movie after hit movie. A spaghetti western set during WWII in Europe, with a bunch Ennio Morricone and David Bowie on the soundtrack, no problem. And it totally works.

Reaction Score
Only saw it once and absolutely loved it, time for a second viewing.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Great movie. The tension in the bar scene is squirm city.

Brad Pitt was excellent. Aldo was uniquely portrayed. I can't image a more over the top and I don't care character that would be believable and still work that well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom