Information Request for the Louisville Game | The Boneyard

Information Request for the Louisville Game

Reaction Score
I have a friend heading to Gampel for the Louisville game. His first time going there and I have a few questions.

1. From New Haven, how much time should he allow to get there for this Big Monday ESPN Game?
2. From my limited experience parking in the garage can be a nightmare getting out, any other options.
3. Finally are there any good restaurants up there for a nice dinner?

Would appreciate any info you can provide.

Reaction Score
1. Use Waze. it can tell you ahead of time the average traffic for any time of any day. just add another 15 minutes to get through Storrs on game night. but if you arrive earlier enough to eat dinner (say 5 or 5:30) it shouldn't be a problem at all.
2. I don't think it's a "nightmare". Maybe an extra 15-20 minutes. I always mix up north and south garage, so I can't be specific, but if you approach Gampel from Storrs rather than from the campus, the first parking lot you get to is actually pretty easy to exit. But if you get there early enough there is also parking in Storrs, which is only 1/2 mile or so from Gampel.
3. No. Geno's is acceptable, but will be very crowded. Better to eat the entirely crappy junk food in Gampel so that you can watch the earliest shoot-around. That's the fun of it, anyway. Or go to the student union just across the street and eat with the kids.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I drive in from Cheshire. We try to 'work backwards' on our timing. The game is at 7. If we eat at Rein's Deli in Vernon and easy access to RT 84, then we plan to LEAVE there at 6. Allow 1 hour to eat means you have to get there at 5. From New Haven, at that time, I would allow 1 hour to get to Reins.

We haven't found a place at UConn worth going back to and on game day you have to get there really early to get seated in any restaurant.

Reaction Score
I'm coming from New Haven and go 91 to 84 all the time. The biggest problem will be exit 29 and doesn't matter the time of day. We will leave between 4:30 and 5. It will give us plenty of time. yes, the garage is a nightmare but I can't help with other suggestions.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
In response to parking....

I've never parked in a garage for a game. After 5pm (and this may have changed in recent years) any car can park in designated spots all around campus, and all the streets inside. I usually park over in between Frat Row (oh gosh I don't think it's called that anymore...it's all those brown houses across from South) and Homer B Library. Hope you can parallel lol

I like this option because it's FREE and you are close to the South exit of campus which is easier to leave than the normal north side by Towers.

I have not been to a game on campus since the South Carolina blizzard game (2013?14?) because I'm a good 3000 miles away now =(

EDIT: check all street signage before parking! Some spots can't be parked in by the public.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You can avoid exit 29 take exit 25 route 3 and follow that to route 84 not out of the way not sure of traffic back that time of day but exit 29 backs up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom