Indy Star (1/7/21): Great isn't good enough for Ashlynn Shade. She wants to be the best. | The Boneyard

Indy Star (1/7/21): Great isn't good enough for Ashlynn Shade. She wants to be the best.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I searched for this article in this forum but I did not find it. Sorry if it is a repeat. It is old January 7, 2021.

“I don't care how good a third grader is. You're not watching the third grader. And I found myself watching this kid,” Buckley said. “I'm like, ‘Oh, my god.’ She literally handled the ball better than most high school kids I'd seen, and she could shoot it. There was something different about this kid than any kid I’d ever seen in elementary.” "Nearly a decade later, Buckley is still watching."

"What she could do with her skill is there from day one, but just learning the game and understanding what people are going to do to take her out of a game, and how she can counter, that's fun to watch her grow in that area.”

“Sometimes I don't even know how many points I score. My goal is not to score millions of points,” she said. “I want to win games and I want to win as a team.” NICE!

“I've never in my life coached or played against anybody with her talent,” she said. “Probably the closest I've seen personally is Stephanie White." REALLY NICE!

“I want to keep getting the bar higher and higher,” she said. “I don't want to just settle for just being great. I want to be the best.” The confidence of youth!

Reaction Score
I can't wait! Looking forward to seeing what develops at the next level. If they keep putting in the work and getting better each year, the sky is the limit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom